BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH BOTM

so difficult to decide what to enter ...

DSC_0106-1.jpg

Sorry guys but this is getting silly

IMO

These bikes are the Retrobike Downhill Specials so far

Jerky's Pace RC500 F1
Gadro's (me) GT STS-DH Lobo
crud's GT LTS - DH
Void(EN12-82) S-Bike 909
hoegaardenadds1 LTS-DH
big.eck's Clubroost DH8
nporternz's Yeti Lawwill DH4
GaryTurner's Specialized FSR
MCsanandreas Mountain Cycle Tremor

The other bikes so far mentioned and pictured are just not cutting it for me as DH bikes. They are XC orientated in build and components. All the bikes I have listed have been built specifically for riding Downhill.

Sorry but there was a point in history where specifically designed and built Downhill Bikes didn't exist, same can be said for BMX's and even the whole Mountain Bike thing. Now that point in history may not be early enough for some and I hear shouts of some members saying 'but downhill was being done since REPACK. Yep it was but it wasn't being done on Downhill Bikes. It was being done on bikes that were ridden Downhill - there is a difference. Now technically Downhill can be done on any bike but the thing is and I'm sorry to have to point this out DOWNHILL BIKES do it better, faster and are more likely to get to the finish line in one piece.

Tomac won XC and Downhill on the same C-26 but if this BOTM is to be classed as a Downhill Special of 'bikes that were used for Downhill' then everybody else with dual crown monsters may as well pull out.

cchris2lou":1n5kv5ja said:
and it all depends what retrobike means to you . ;)

Empty wallet, ebay browsing and an abuse of Paypal :) but also riding now what I dreamed about then

Gadro":1xrfa3kr said:
Sorry guys but this is getting silly

IMO

These bikes are the Retrobike Downhill Specials so far

Jerky's Pace RC500 F1
Gadro's (me) GT STS-DH Lobo
crud's GT LTS - DH
Void(EN12-82) S-Bike 909
hoegaardenadds1 LTS-DH
big.eck's Clubroost DH8
nporternz's Yeti Lawwill DH4
GaryTurner's Specialized FSR
MCsanandreas Mountain Cycle Tremor

The other bikes so far mentioned and pictured are just not cutting it for me as DH bikes. They are XC orientated in build and components. All the bikes I have listed have been built specifically for riding Downhill.

Sorry but there was a point in history where specifically designed and built Downhill Bikes didn't exist, same can be said for BMX's and even the whole Mountain Bike thing. Now that point in history may not be early enough for some and I hear shouts of some members saying 'but downhill was being done since REPACK. Yep it was but it wasn't being done on Downhill Bikes. It was being done on bikes that were ridden Downhill - there is a difference. Now technically Downhill can be done on any bike but the thing is and I'm sorry to have to point this out DOWNHILL BIKES do it better, faster and are more likely to get to the finish line in one piece.

Tomac won XC and Downhill on the same C-26 but if this BOTM is to be classed as a Downhill Special of 'bikes that were used for Downhill' then everybody else with dual crown monsters may as well pull out.

cchris2lou":1xrfa3kr said:
and it all depends what retrobike means to you . ;)

Empty wallet, ebay browsing and an abuse of Paypal :) but also riding now what I dreamed about then

agreed - i'm not 100% sure on the sbike - manitous dont strike me as long travel - BUT I dont know that much about it - any ink to the thread?

Ok, here is my "Full Suspension Bike".
1990 Offroad, probably XC oriented, but it's dang fast downhill.

OffroadProflex.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back