At last, got me hands on an Intense M1

jimjim2012

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been fortunate enough to own a few Intense bikes; tracer, uzzi, tazer, but never had a shot at an M1. Ridden one but never owned one.

Picked up a nice M1 which is a 98 or 99. Will build it up and then upgrade/renew as and when.

One to ride and keep as a wall hanger.

IMG_1795Medium.jpg

Could have cleaned it first before sending! I'll go for '99 as it hasn't got the canti studs and my catalogue is with the printers with my M1!
Very nice they are. My old one floated down DH3 at Aston Hill when I had it.
What are the other bits like?

EarlofBarnet":41ou50ff said:
They look brilliant frames, used by some many pro's over the years. Definitely a classic.

john tomac & shaun palmer to name just two. I've seen both of those frames. palmers had "napalm" in the BB shell & custom add ons all over it.

It's a '98. 151's as well! You got to lose that integrated yoke though. Get a "proper" one on there.

Yeah, alot of riders used the M1. some teams even using rebadged M1's as their race bike - they were/are that good.

Goldtec integrated stem topmount.

IMG_1802Medium.jpg

don't know. i should run an Azonic shorty i guess but that goldtec piece is a beauty and pretty rare.

here are the wheels i'm using:

IMG_1801Medium.jpg

not sure on brakes.

what d'ya think?

Hopes or Hayes?

Got the same rims myself and want some more rim stickers to replace those that are on there, as they are a bit tatty.
I would go for Hope just for spares and they are easier to look after than Hayes that I have worked on. Palmer used Magura's and Hayes, so it depends on where you want to go with this.

Back