BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mattbrown":149mgi6g said:
ill add a full susser as well

i'm sorry but there is nothing about that bike that says DH. Just because a bike was ridden DH doesnt mean it was designed for DH. I know people will say that Dave Heming won silver on an atitude and tomac raced DH with drops - but those bikes werent designed for DH - they were bikes that were raced DH because DH bikes werent fully around then.

If this is BOTM for DH DESIGNED bikes then nothing like attitudes and rascals and RTS's should be here.

If this is BOTM for bikes raced DH then i'll withdraw the yeti and enter the fully rigid marin pallisades trail I rode a 1991 regional DH race on!!

rant over - I like some of the bikes entered but they are not DH

nporternz":2mx12iys said:
mattbrown":2mx12iys said:

i'm sorry but there is nothing about that bike that says DH. Just because a bike was ridden DH doesnt mean it was designed for DH. I know people will say that Dave Heming won silver on an atitude and tomac raced DH with drops - but those bikes werent designed for DH - they were bikes that were raced DH because DH bikes werent fully around then.

If this is BOTM for DH DESIGNED bikes then nothing like attitudes and rascals and RTS's should be here.

If this is BOTM for bikes raced DH then i'll withdraw the yeti and enter the fully rigid marin pallisades trail I rode a 1991 regional DH race on!!

Totally agree :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Downhillers used to have the same hardtail bike for both xc and dh, and as soon as DH specific bikes appeared, these 2 kinds of bikes took a completely different path. One of the first specifically designed production DH rigs was the LTS-DH and look at the massive impact that bike had on the circuit

So what does this BOTM 'Downhill Special' mean?

Is it 'Bikes used for Downhill' or 'Downhill Specific Bikes' ?????? Used to ride my Raleigh Grifter down a hill :shock: and I suppose I could ride my Scott Scale down a hill as well. Not a very steep hill mind and there'd better not be any rocks or tree stumps or drops over 12 feet because it will break. Then again perhaps I'll ride my Big Hit on a nice flat XC course

Mods please clarify :roll:

Gadro":14l4gnt5 said:
nporternz":14l4gnt5 said:
mattbrown":14l4gnt5 said:

Totally agree :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Downhillers used to have the same hardtail bike for both xc and dh, and as soon as DH specific bikes appeared, these 2 kinds of bikes took a completely different path. One of the first specifically designed production DH rigs was the LTS-DH and look at the massive impact that bike had on the circuit

So what does this BOTM 'Downhill Special' mean?

Is it 'Bikes used for Downhill' or 'Downhill Specific Bikes' ?????? Used to ride my Raleigh Grifter down a hill :shock: and I suppose I could ride my Scott Scale down a hill as well. Not a very steep hill mind and there'd better not be any rocks or tree stumps or drops over 12 feet because it will break. Then again perhaps I'll ride my Big Hit on a nice flat XC course

Mods please clarify :roll:

and it all depends what retrobike means to you .

;)

nporternz":3pg6o2ua said:
mattbrown":3pg6o2ua said:

I want to see rigid or front-susers the nutters used to race down hill BITD, none of this full-sus non-sense they moved on to in the mid 90's. It does not say it has to be designed for downhill, just ridden as a downhill bike. These where still bikes set-up to ride down big hills fast and to win.

Interesting take Orange has on its X1 from 1996, arguing that just because it is full suspension it shouldn't be considered as downhill specific.

59923397.jpg

your missing the http://www bit

When your in photobucket, on the left you'll see the IMG Code, that's all you need.

copy the bit below and edit your post
;)

Code:
[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/rikinDorset/HPIM1081.jpg[/IMG]

Easy_Rider":2g5jvvxm said:
your missing the http://www bit

When your in photobucket, on the left you'll see the IMG Code, that's all you need.

copy the bit below and edit your post
;)

Code:
[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/rikinDorset/HPIM1081.jpg[/IMG]

ha! it worked! now do you see why it took 5 years to post a pic?
at least i have learnt something tonight. ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back