Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

• Cool

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like 'em and would say cool.

Built this newish one up a couple of years ago and have to say its a brilliant rider :D

inveraweetive002.jpg

:cool:

good bikes

but

not cool/10 (especially as I nearly bought one, that really f*ked up the cool factor on them ;) )

Kona forks are cool. These bikes aren't.

Perhaps it's because the model started the trend for rubbish names that the brand has doggedly persevered with. Cindercone? Not bad. Explosif? Is it really? Oh all right then. Lavadome? I can almost smell the chafing .....

doctor-bond":pk0eroin said:
Kona forks are cool. These bikes aren't.

Perhaps it's because the model started the trend for rubbish names that the brand has doggedly persevered with. Cindercone? Not bad. Explosif? Is it really? Oh all right then. Lavadome? I can almost smell the chafing .....

Filistyne :D

As a geology graduate (moons ago) I really relate to these names :cool:

Just t'ank the dear lord they didn't use POPOCATEPETL as a top of the range moniker ;)

Could be worse - if they'd been into glaciology we could have bikes called " Terminal Moraine" , "Eratic Block", "Striation", "Meltwater Channel" or, god forbid, "Roches Moutonee" :shock:

Now there's an idea :p

The first picture is the exact one my mate used to ride. It was biblically heavy and possible due to the much wider front tyre and straight blades felt 'dead' to me when I rode it.

However, as it reminds me of a better time (I had hair and wore 30" jeans) when Bula headbands were also considered cool, (they must have been, I wore one to keep the flowing locks away from my face), no other vote other than COOL for me.

It shared the same geometry as the high end stuff and offered the skint mortal something they could race 'out of the box.' I meant by that the box it came in not some stupid management babble.

Cool for me :cool:

I have to say that this was one of the first bikes I could afford way back when, This got myself and probably a whole bunch of people started into the serious world of mountain biking, they were quite unique with front and rear spefic tyres, dual strap toe clips, impact headset and a wise move to keep thumbies over the feeble early STI units. Even to this day I love riding all my Kona's , there is certain something about the way they ride that I cant quite get from other bikes :D

Mr Panda":vefpz3vs said:
Could be worse - if they'd been into glaciology we could have bikes called " Terminal Moraine" , "Eratic Block", "Striation", "Meltwater Channel" or, god forbid, "Roches Moutonee" :shock:

Now there's an idea :p

Okay, I'm sold: Roches Moutonee is definitely the best bike name ever. (Although for some reason it makes me think of an Irishman riding a sheep ... :shock: )

Back