Where next?

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
For cycling. What do people think the new big 'bang' for cycling will be?

Simple !! Old school... Like everything, fashions do a full turn and hardtails such as our steeds will be popular to the masses once again !! :D Im near as damn it certain !!

its gotta be tie dye beach cruzers you know its gonna be done then in 5 years time the klunker's will be back yeah lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

delboy009":1fupet49 said:
Simple !! Old school... Like everything, fashions do a full turn and hardtails such as our steeds will be popular to the masses once again !! :D Im near as damn it certain !!

I agree with hardtails eventually making a strong come-back, but only if XC racing somehow draws far more sponsorship $$. The downhill market is so strong (especially where I live) but it can't possibly appeal to all. After all, the entire planet isn't covered with mountains and you can't ride those 40 lbs clunkers very far in the city.

tintin40":3vxao33z said:

commuting, the M1 will get permanent bike lanes as it becomes far too expensive to drive ;)

andrewl":1s27h6x8 said:
tintin40":1s27h6x8 said:

commuting, the M1 will get permanent bike lanes as it becomes far too expensive to drive ;)

Sounds perfecto [for one who's moving to London], a tax break would be good too.. There has to be a reward [incentive?] for cyclists to cruise into work..

Carbon seems to have made a massive impact in the Roadie World the last coupla years [I think a group of us were talking about that on the RB Spring Meet] but not sure there's much room for it/confidence in it on the DH Circuit.. Although Thermoplastics did make an advent, and continue to do so in the 08 GT range..

I'd like to think that things will swing back to Lightweight.. CNC Trickness would be kinda cool too, really miss that..

kingroon":15zbvz0u said:
andrewl":15zbvz0u said:
tintin40":15zbvz0u said:

Sounds perfecto [for one who's moving to London], a tax break would be good too.. There has to be a reward [incentive?] for cyclists to cruise into work..]
there is a tax break its called the cycle to work scheme but it is a slightly screwed up affair that makes no sence and you could easily be ripped off if you dont get on with bosses or oganisers :cool: :LOL: :LOL:

Back