Can anyone date this Specialized? (Big pic)

Qatar-wol

Retro Newbie
Hi folks.

This Specialized has been responsible for getting me back into bikes. It was a left here in Qatar by a guy returning to Aus, who didn't want to take it back with him. I, of course, snapped it up! (He was responsible for the odd combination of tyres - don't flame me!)

I'd love to know the age or the model year. It's had a hard life, but it's running well.

Thanks for looking!

DSC03405.JPG

Ta very much.

I thought I'd done well picking it up for free! :D

Karmic retribution up for the Marin Bear Valley I had stolen in 1993...

It's not steel - I've just checked with a magnet. And a sticker on the frame says
Metal Matric Composite

It's a US model, I think, although that wouldn't make much of a difference. (Again, just checked - sold by 'All Terrain Sports' in Wyoming! It's come a long way, baby!)

The clues are in the stickers, I see. Another case solved ;)

Nice looking bike, looks quite racey if you know what I mean.
Good to hear you get back into biking. You will just be sad you stopped when you start coughing up lungs :D

I'd say 97 too, that was the last year I worked in the trade and I remember setting up a number of those. Also remember a recall or two on those forks IIRC, things spliting and coming unbonded and stuff - they were nice bikes, especially when you remember the original purplelypink M2s used to cost a right kidney

Back