Any info on this Cilo carbon fibre frame?

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've recently acquired this NOS frame (few chips from bad storage) but can't find any info about it on the internet.

All I know is that it's Swiss, with chameleon paintjob and apparently very rare and rather vintage (as far as carbon frames go).

Here are some pics:

cilo1.jpg

cilo2.jpg

cilo3.jpg

It was obviously a TT frame, as it came with a 26" composite fork (with threaded steel shaft).

I provisionally fitted it with my 28" Time full carbon fork and A-head stem and composite
(and also vintage) Vetta TriAthlete Team wheels, to see what it could like like when built.

I'm thinking of building it into a TT bike or a single-speed hack or maybe sell it.

Ideas please?

Thanks.

never seen a carbon cilo before .

could have been made by C4 , an italian company who has been doing carbon frames for ages .

Looks just like an EPX frame.............

It doesn't look much like my C4, but then my C4 doesn't have a seat tube :)

Andy

Looks a little bit like C4 indeed, but it's not :).

My first ever road bike was a Cilo (steel frame though), so I'm thinking of building this as a hommage to it :).

looks a lot like a Trek OCLV to me but then again a lot of early cf bikes do (like the Cadex HCF or something)
I like the paint a lot!

Hey compared with an actual OCLV I see some differences, but your frame is actualy very similar to a Concorde Razorblade, might be worth checking out.

it is also similar to my racingbik . not same frame but couls have been made by same people .

main.php

Hmm, indeed, it's looks very similar, if not the same, as that Concorde Razorblade frame/bike.

Good work, Sherlock! :)

However, I'm not going to build it anymore, as something else has come up, thus it's for sale in the For Sale forum :(.

Thanks for your efforts.

Back