BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that's DH :cool:

Designed to make full use of a little thing called GRAVITY . To take a beating and surviving a hit with the odd occasional tree. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Apart from mine (which as it's a GT, is soooooo cool it's apparently uncool ;))

It's these 2 for me so far

Jerky's PACE

GaryTurners Spesh

These 2 bikes are uber cool. Sorry to all Lawwill lovers out there. In the cool WOW category, these 2 are just in a different league.

Yeti's shouldn't be allowed anyway as they are all abominable.............. I also always abide by the rule that Fire extinguishers should never ever ever be carried on bikes!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Gadro":3b338941 said:
Yeti's shouldn't be allowed anyway as they are all abominable..............
:LOL:

I like the way you just slipped that gag in there, almost no attention on it, as if it might slip under the radar ;)

My old '99 Kona Stab

Xixang , I didn't realize that one used to be yours , I've had that pic for a while and have been trying to see if the zip tie on the toptube is holding the cable because the guides had seen a bit of modifying ? If it is I reckon a mate at work now has it .

perry":30nkmjh2 said:
My old '99 Kona Stab

Xixang , I didn't realize that one used to be yours , I've had that pic for a while and have been trying to see if the zip tie on the toptube is holding the cable because the guides had seen a bit of modifying ? If it is I reckon a mate at work now has it .

The zip-tie was used because one of the Hope cable guides fell out.

No modification, just unlucky :LOL:

stevet1":1l3opo6t said:
I'd like to see a Turner Burner, a San-andreas and a Santa-cruz Tazmon and a Sunn Radical +

I can do you an original Turner Burner, but its not built as a DH machine so I'm excluding it on that basis.

The Misser Kona (aka Turner Burner DH) is coming along and hopefully will be finished in time for the vote.

Gadro":395m9dbb said:
crud":395m9dbb said:
Its actually v brake only with a disc adapter and torque bar is it not?

Yep but the '98 Thermoplastic Lobo came with front and rear discs, with a fancy Disc mount linked to the chainstay that's why I said very very early ones may have been in general production with V Brakes. The chainstay on mine does not have the Brace for the Rear Disc and looks like it was sold as V only. The person I bought the frame from told me that the bike was never built up and was exactly the same as when it was originally purchased. Looks like the adapter may have come with the frame as new.

I am now intrigued. Will take a quick look in the Catalogue and get back to you.

A friend of mine raced for GT Canada and got the first Lobo in the country. It was fitted with Hope C2s/Big Uns. He had side deals with Mavic and Hayes, so I got the wheels/brakes and made adapters for the Hayes. The good news: I still have the torque arm, bracket, and a few of the GT/Schwinn/Yeti floating caliper halves in the garage. The bad news: they're in the garage.

Gadro":1wuhyrqu said:
OK Xizang :cool:

a lower saddle, CHECK
riser bar, CHECK
some form of chain device (be it the useless long spring things which fitted to the rear QR and help tension
the rear derailleur, to chain stay rollers etc) CHECK
some early form of disc brake, sometimes just on the rear CHECK
a chainring the size of a dinner plate (with the granny removed even if the middle ring was retained) CHECK

1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Thermoplastic
Full build XTR, AC and Hope stuff on it :cool:

Take a look

you forgot this bit

Plastic Frame CRACK

nporternz":1ru2fhf4 said:
Gadro":1ru2fhf4 said:
OK Xizang :cool:

a lower saddle, CHECK
riser bar, CHECK
some form of chain device (be it the useless long spring things which fitted to the rear QR and help tension
the rear derailleur, to chain stay rollers etc) CHECK
some early form of disc brake, sometimes just on the rear CHECK
a chainring the size of a dinner plate (with the granny removed even if the middle ring was retained) CHECK

1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Thermoplastic
Full build XTR, AC and Hope stuff on it :cool:

Take a look

you forgot this bit

Plastic Frame CRACK

:shock:

but no ! ; if you just see the frame , he will not crack :D
:mrgreen: ➡️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back