Attachments

• brsp0006 (Large) (Large).jpg
    brsp0006 (Large) (Large).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 19,420
  • brsp0005 (Large) (2).jpg
    brsp0005 (Large) (2).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 19,419
Great work so far chaps. :D
I'm looking to put together some sort of timeline with references to the bikes available each year and the technologies used.
Of course any inside information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bojangle: What years are your two? I'm guessing 1991 for both?

Ogre XT":1d38bhpk said:
WOW BoJangle - that encounter looks amazing. and the mission takes me back too. Where did you come by the encounter? Cant beloeve it still has the original tyres on it too. You should try for a Oddssey for your next project. That would give you the full family. then start on the titanium models - hope you have a large garage. :LOL:

The Encounter was found on ebay a couple years back, but it was to replace mine that got stolen in 1992, i also found the tyres on ebay. The one's i'm after next are an Endeavour, Dyna-Tech Team issue and DT-400 road. Don't worry plenty of room in the garage, last count was 9 complete ridable bikes and 6 projects!

Here's a pic of the Endeavour i want, sorry about the quality i don't have a scanner.
endeavour001.jpg

drystonepaul":7uxq967x said:
I'm looking to put together some sort of timeline with references to the bikes available each year and the technologies used.

Wierd i was just thinking how great a timeline would be!!!

The Mission is a 1990 and the Encounter is a 1992.

bojangle":5m5mwng0 said:
drystonepaul":5m5mwng0 said:

Wierd i was think how great a timeline would be!!!

The Mission is a 1990 and the encounter is a 1992.

Ah! There you go then. Cheers.
From your picture of the Endeavour I'm also guessing you may have access to some of the catalogues?
Could be very useful... :)

The catalogue i have is i think from '91 it lists the

Road-
DT-300
DT-400
DT-500
DT-600
DT-700
TOUR-LITE

Off Road-
SENTINEL
ENCOUNTER
MISSION
ODESSY
VOYAGER
ENDEAVOUR

Heres a photo of a photo of my Encounter back in 1991. I'm trying to find some forks to match at present.
dynatechs001.jpg

dynatechs002.jpg

In 1990 I ordered from Raleigh a Dyna-Tech 2070 MTB frameset. As a keen Team Dyna-Tech fan I requested the frameset to be supplied in the Team colours. I then transferred the Campagnolo Centaur MTB groupset from my Overburys' Pioneer to the Dyna-Tech and added a Cinelli Vertical saddle and Mavic M6 Oxygen rims. The Reynolds 753 bars where slid into a Flexstem which my local Raleigh dealer had sprayed the same shade of flouro yellow as the frame.

Over the years I have added more Campag equipment in the form of Mirox rims and the Electa pneumatic saddle. Until 2009 this was the only Dyna-tech in my collection, but she now has a 'sister' in the form of a 1992 Dyna-Tech MT5 with Metal-Matrix Composite frame (see previous page).

I've always been a Dyna-Tech fan, and always will be. I love 'em all (even the 'roadies').

main.php

bojangle":24rd4m9e said:
Heres a photo of a photo of my Encounter back in 1991. I'm trying to find some forks to match at present.

RAFbikes has some Marzocchi forks for sale at the moment.

Back