July weekender - combined Anglian / Lincs meet - the BIG one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: weekend

breezerfatty":2u50so77 said:
This may be a spaner and I think I'm up for it but what about Pedders way bbq on the beach.

I've thought about that one. Theres a couple of campsites at Holme Next to Sea that I used to go to.

Grafham maybe a bit tame these days:

Back, baaack somewhere in 1991/92 there used to be two riders in team kit bombing round on Orange 'O' (whatever the early aluminium one was) while I was bombing round on my 531 Claud Butler...

Re: weekend

breezerfatty":12slfvot said:
This may be a spaner and I think I'm up for it but what about Pedders way bbq on the beach.

Have considered this already. Maybe some time later in the year. How about starting at the Icknield Way?

Ahhh, the Peddars Way.

Now that takes me whhhhhay back :cool:

I used to thrash along the Way when I were a ickle boy :LOL:

I'd be up for this, we could start at my parents house in Ashill (between Swaffham and Watton) as they have a big driveway for parking, and a useful place to wash bodies and bikes afterwards ;)

I did the Peddars Way ride for the first time in August last year with my local MTB group. Started just past Thetford at Bridgham early in the morning, had fish and chips at Hunstanton in the afternoon, then back to Thetford just after it got dark.
I have to say it wasn't the most interesting of rides, a day in Thetford would be more fun, but it was good to do something different. 89 miles in a day was relatively hard going though.

neil__j":3a18wl0n said:
I did the Peddars Way ride for the first time in August last year with my local MTB group. Started just past Thetford at Bridgham early in the morning, had fish and chips at Hunstanton in the afternoon, then back to Thetford just after it got dark.
I have to say it wasn't the most interesting of rides, a day in Thetford would be more fun, but it was good to do something different. 89 miles in a day was relatively hard going though.

try it with a rucksack and tent ;)

OS

Looking at the OS map going west from Huntingdon/ Peyerborough the trails look good and there are loads of bridleways. We could just go and find our way as we go. I've had my eye on the bridleways west of Rutland Water. I've planed to start at Stanford

REKIBorter":14okh0vy said:
I will provisionaly change the dates to July 10th & 11th for this meet

Oh cock. Was hoping to get down for this one. Unfortunately while you lot have the time of your lives on sun speckled singletrack i'm going to be stuck at a motor race in France, quaffing Champagne, eating fine food, surrounded by racers and super models and generally overdosing on some of the finest sports racers ever built. If that wasn't bad enough i then have to drive a classic Alfa all the way down to Lake Garda and back for the centenary.

Spare a thought for me will you :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back