This weekends ride...

the_dark_horse

Old School Hero
....just over three hours on my Marin, and a really nice poppy field too!

Marin-PoppyField-2007.JPG
[/url]

Sandy Heath, Bedfordshire - early Sunday morning

Attachments

• DSC00026small.jpg
    DSC00026small.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,328
On the poppy theme, I took this on my way to Eastnor no mountain bike content other than I was heading for the Mountain Mayhem! I was looking for somewhere secluded to stop to answer the call of nature when I spotted an "Unsuitable for Motors" sign. Which of course means

"This is a proper legal road but we never got round to surfacing it and whilst you most probably can get down it, we are not going to recomend that you do because then you would almost certainly sue us when you rip the sump off your Mondeo. Oh yeah you'll be fine in a Land Rover".

Which of course would be a bit too long for a sign :D

When I spotted the poppies I couldn't resist a picture, sadly I was too busy to get any decent pictures at the race :roll:

Attachments

• Poppies Gloucestershire.jpg
    Poppies Gloucestershire.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,191
REKIBorter":3amfrrga said:
Sandy Heath, Bedfordshire - early Sunday morning

Another Retrobiker in the North Herts/Bedfordshire area?

Methinks a local ride needs organising!

When i saw these photos, they made me think of the field i pass on my way to work. Mentioned this to my brother-in-law who's into his photography, he produced a photo of the same field that he'd taken. Looked fantastic, might take the P20 up there for a photo. Possible theme for Photo of The Month?? :D

Mad Cow said:
On the poppy theme, I took this on my way to Eastnor no mountain bike content other than I was heading for the Mountain Mayhem!quote]

Dude, is this near Cirencester? Looks like somewhere near my patch of local riding!!

Back