MM - The Casualties

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Phew, just finished cleaning the bike after three hours (not at work today - sorry chaps) and as far as I can see, the only casualty is absolutely no grease left in my Hugi's. Actually, I don't know what was in there while those poor hubs were turning on the last lap...mud?

So, apart from Simod's poor team mate, anyone else hace any casualties? Paint I presume (one of the advantages of Ti for sure).

???

I've just spoken to Jimmy (my injured team mate :cry: ) who has just returned from his appointment at the fracture clinic - things arent sounding too encouraging :cry: .

It turns out that he has fractured and shattered part of the head of the humerus - the part that forms the glenohumeral joint. He is in for surgery tomorrow morning and they are hoping to be able to pin, plate and screw the bone back together. But it depends how much bone is there to get a good fixing - they will only know when they open him up.

If this doesn't work then they are talking about replacing the head of the humerus - this doesn't even bare thinking about at the moment :shock: .

He will be posting on here later in the week so there will be more updates then.

Cheers
Si.

Poor poor guy. Let him know we are all rooting for him won't you. I have to say, after you told us of the injury Ed and I couldn't face that little section and walked down each time round. I got called a chicken by an 8yr old girl!

Fingers crossed for him.

Simod":310ltp23 said:
I've just spoken to Jimmy (my injured team mate :cry: ) who has just returned from his appointment at the fracture clinic - things arent sounding too encouraging :cry: .

It turns out that he has fractured and shattered part of the head of the humerus - the part that forms the glenohumeral joint. He is in for surgery tomorrow morning and they are hoping to be able to pin, plate and screw the bone back together. But it depends how much bone is there to get a good fixing - they will only know when they open him up.

If this doesn't work then they are talking about replacing the head of the humerus - this doesn't even bare thinking about at the moment :shock: .

He will be posting on here later in the week so there will be more updates then.

Cheers
Si.

My eyes. Best wishes to Jimmy from myself and I'm sure everybody else here on retrobike. Keep us posted as to how he gets on.

Hey damned right. Hope he recovers in the best way possible. Give him our love and we look forward to hearing from him Si.

Bloody watercrossing at night.

:oops: :twisted: :x

Just to keep you all up to date on how things are going with Jimmy.

He has had his operation this morning and they have pinned the bone back together. I didn't actually speak to him but his Mother gave me the information. He has been kept in tonight but is returning home tomorrow, fingers crossed.

I know that he will thank you all for your support himself when he is next in front of a computer, but in the mean time, i will say a big thank you to everyone on his behalf for your kind words.

Lets hope the operation is successful and his recovery is speedy.

More info when it arrives.
Cheers
Si.

Attachments

• S4020376.jpg
    S4020376.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3,677
Latest update on Jimmy.

He had his operation yesterday morning and the surgeon managed to plate and pin the bone. He said that it went better than expected so lets hope that it does the trick.

I spoke to him last night and he seemed to be in good spirits considering - he was seriously drugged up though!

He should be at home by now, he was only going to be kept in one night - they have said that it will be in a sling for 2 months minimum.

The next few weeks will tell if the op was a success.

He is going to post on here in the next few days to thank you all personally for your support.

More news when i get it.

Back