Nuke Proof Titanium.... update 02/06/10

I know you weren't asking me directly but just my .02
The frame rides really smooth and handles really well. The extra standover clearance on the top tube makes it very flickable. It's definitely towards the more compliant less stiff end of ti frames but to me that's a good thing.

Few years ago , I had tryed the first version of Nuke Proof Ti Frame-with perfect welds and (maybe) a different quality of Ti tubes. I don't know who was the manucturer of this serie...
I really love the ride , it climbs like a dream, with ease, It accelerates well,an on the descent , the tracking is excellent!
The frame is absolutely amazing.
This is the sweetest ride I have ever tried....But never had one :(

When you swap out those terrible levers that are spoiling an otherwise gorgeous build... give me a shout ;)

nuke proof

NICE BUILD!

What happened to those black Caramba's?
Would like to have a set like that.
Got a silver set right now but this needs a lot of work - currently polishing it and decide later to re-anodise....

mr ship

It's a stunning build!!!!!....and looks even better covered in mud
:LOL: :LOL:
it's always nice to see a beautiful build being ridden'

well done!!!!
========

peace,
Kev.

Nuke proof

Know it's a lot of work, but prefer the Scotch brited framed versions and post and stem to match? head angle looks slack? So must track in a straight line well. Whats the all up weight? And bare frame weight too?
I would keep it and gradually introduce more boutique parts, Pauls/Precision billet mech? Ti stem? Nice ride!

Yeah, would like a slightly shorter Ti stem eventually. Head tube angle is 71 deg. Blasted through the singletrack at Gisburn a lot quicker than my Pace did :LOL: Very comfortable too.
3.3 lbs frame weight and about 22lb all up at the mo.

Boutique parts, hmmm. It's got plenty on it now and generally they don't like british winters. In my opinion boutique parts are very nice for BOTM photos and "museum" non riders but M900 is so much more reliable. This is my main rider at the moment...love it. Only around 300 made too and not many 16".

A few more pics anyway :D Now with Judy SL's, Onza Ti bar ends, Cooks e cranks...in action at Gisburn.

NWA-Gisburn-016.jpg

4397248205_b4929c5d1f_b.jpg

4397211069_54b32d49b6_b.jpg

009.jpg

4392306343_819f88dff7_o.jpg

richard,

do you have a closeup from the point where the rear triangle and top/seattube comes together?

Your bike looks mighty fine ;)

Bas

Back