Hardrock - 1987 frame, newer bits SPOX wheels

stu_mcp

Dirt Disciple
Hardrock frame, fork, headset and stem from 1987 - few chips but generally great condition, especially for the year.
XTR M900 STI's (8spd), XTR M900 rear mech, XTR M900 front brake.
Spinergy SPOX wheelset (8/9Spd XT freehub body - Spinergy decided it was easier to use that than design their own)
The cranks are Shimano Alivio - they do the job, but nothing special.
Rear brake is Shimano DX U-brake, pretty rare these days.
Bars are Marin T6 alu.

Tyres fitted are slicks in the picture, but I have a set of original Ground Controls as well with good tread left - would look much better!

For sale as a complete bike.

Attachments

• DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,129
I'm hoping to move it as a complete bike but if it comes to splitting I'll let you know. Would be good to find a decent home for it - or at least someone in this community that wants to break it and handle the selling off of the parts themselves!

The canti that you can't see in the pic has actually been repaired - the original helicoil within the arm that the cable clamp bolt screwed into came out (over zealous adjustment) and so the arm has been drilled and an M5 stainless bolt and clamp retro-fitted. Works perfectly and looks neat. I think my brother may still have the other set from the pair - think they were shorter arms.

Back