Goodwood Fes of Speed !! Washout !!

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Pox weather has only washed out one of summer's major fun events !! Even the F1 boys were not in the mood for it! Hardly wasted a few quids worth of Bridgestone's :( Still, it was nice to see the Pikes Peak's Pug 405 which absolutley rocks !!!!

Good luck to anyone who tried waliking the hill on Sunday !! It was worth it to see the WRC old and new but you'll need a sledge to get back down the mud safely :D

Did however manage to find something very Retro !! How many of yers remember your grandad/dad having a model of one of these sitting on the telly or mantlepiece ?? The gorgeous JPS F1 (Renault incarnation, Lotus also V nice) 1.5 Litre, Twin Turbo 1000 BHP nutters car !!!!!!!!! :D

10 points if you guess the drivers name ;)

Delbert

Attachments

• jps.jpg
    jps.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,343
I went to Castle Coombe for the Caterham Acadamy Racing on Saturday, the weather was great, only one quick down pour.

Racing was fantastic, the Mini Miglia's were lapping as fast as the Caterhams. :shock:

Was it Dinky did the JPS and the Malrboro of this era? I remember them fro the 'club book' (the mail order catalogue, usually Empire Stores)......32nd scale or so, with a wee spanner to take the wheels off.........

The classic colour schemes of these cars didn't make me want ter smoke fags. either!! I was quite surprised when I got a bit older and realised JPS and Fagboro weren't the actual racing teams, just the sponsors.
I also remember Rupert Keegan being sponsored by Durex.........despite this, every race he still pulled out halfway through........nice old vintage joke there, too.

It's allus a shame when events get rained off.........worst is wimbledon- when it really chucks it down, there's the Horror of Uncle Cliff giving an impromtu sing-song.

The Twat.

Cheers,
Dav

That car is so hot. It would be in my 'fantasy' car collection. Along with 20 Lamborghinis , 2cv, Morris minor, TR 6, Frog eye, early British motorbikes. On and on :shock:

Did you get a tabard then Del? Or is that in the paddock?

Glad I went to Mayhem then as that was muddy and horrible but fruitful. (buggered up the passes for the FOS anyway without realising it so we were never on the cards this time!)

Revival though deffo.

Is it Damon Hill's son?

Back