BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeRkY":1pds6d2h said:
nporternz":1pds6d2h said:
Seeing as though we are all playing for 2nd place behind that PACE (maybe 3rd if that Palmer replica turns up!!) I might as well enter this to break up all those GTs

Got this off BeepBeep who, in turn got it from Andrew at Yetifan. Legend has it that this is Marla Strebs spare race bike (one setup and maintained for her by Mert Lawwill) from the 1998 x-games where she won DH gold!! Probably why it is a DH4 with 5.5inches of travel and a custom valved shock. A genuine DH bike used by a genuine PRO!!

Thanks to Neil (beepbeep) Nick (elite) and Chris (scrat) for the parts for this one! I love it and it is the main wallpiece in my friends shop - gets lots of questions!!!

Now that is a DH bike!

certainly is. weird t think that the partner to one of thos HED wheels could very well be sitting in Oxford/London waiting to find a home on a square tubed monster :LOL: ;)

nporternz":292db5a9 said:
Got this off BeepBeep who, in turn got it from Andrew at Yetifan. Legend has it that this is Marla Strebs spare race bike (one setup and maintained for her by Mert Lawwill) from the 1998 x-games where she won DH gold!! Probably why it is a DH4 with 5.5inches of travel and a custom valved shock. A genuine DH bike used by a genuine PRO!!

I like that :cool:

nporternz":3q6hayk1 said:
JeRkY":3q6hayk1 said:
nporternz":3q6hayk1 said:
Seeing as though we are all playing for 2nd place behind that PACE (maybe 3rd if that Palmer replica turns up!!) I might as well enter this to break up all those GTs

Thanks to Neil (beepbeep) Nick (elite) and Chris (scrat) for the parts for this one! I love it and it is the main wallpiece in my friends shop - gets lots of questions!!!

Now that is a DH bike!

certainly is. weird t think that the partner to one of thos HED wheels could very well be sitting in Oxford/London waiting to find a home on a square tubed monster :LOL: ;)

Your forcing my hand to get them built before the poll starts..... and I have no spokes and no money :cry: :cry: :LOL:

The YETI is comfortably in the lead for me, look it has Airlines fitted :cool:

One problem though, this is the first time I've seen the complete bike on here. Is there a proper build thread I've missed? It's just that I really can't vote for bikes that appear just for BoTM and are never seen on the site again.

Tallpaul":26tnkr9t said:
The YETI is comfortably in the lead for me, look it has Airlines fitted :cool:

One problem though, this is the first time I've seen the complete bike on here. Is there a proper build thread I've missed? It's just that I really can't vote for bikes that appear just for BoTM and are never seen on the site again.

Actually the clearance between the shock and the air can on the yeti scare me, a little play in the pivots or slackness in the rebound and there could be a high pressure canister being pierced just between your legs :shock:

Highly unlikly, but I imagine the end results would put you off a fast time, and into a tree...with no legs.... :LOL:

JeRkY":98mqi1ov said:
Your forcing my hand to get them built before the poll starts..... and I have no spokes and no money :cry: :cry: :LOL:

photoshop!!

GaryTurner":34q7me9k said:
Fella ; You do not leave me the choice ... :LOL:
:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now , I can move my ass :oops: ; final pics this week-end :D

Sublime :cool: :cool: :cool: one of the best bikes on the site, remember you can have 2 pictures :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back