BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
suppose classifying a full suspension and downhill bike are 2 different things?tomacs kamakaze bike for me was epic but compared to jerkys pace!!! yorkshire all the way! but i did like jmc's rts and warners black un.

this is hard lol,id love to add my trek but to me its an xc full suspension.......and only just started it so wont shame myself...yet :D

Pickle":36ucp182 said:
Kentphil":36ucp182 said:
Didn't JMC first do downhill racing on a rigid Kona and win?????

I think your remembering Steve Peat.

It was Peaty. They nicknamed him 'The Pinball Wizard' because of the way he'd get bumped around by the rocks.

JMC raced on a Salsa then a RTS before spesh nabbed him.

heres my 1998 clubroost dh8 (badged up as an intense) it's built up with stratos super 8's with 8" travel upfront rs super pro rear on rear giving 8" travel at the rear , hope 6 pots with 9" floating discs front and rear with braided hoses , hope hubs/headset/seat clamp/stem with o/s truvativ bars . sunn s-type rims , wtb seat , raceface cranks , xtr rear mech + shifter , truvativ boxguide . spent alot of time and money getting this the way it sits now and i love it :D

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

:D

longun":3twjws4e said:
id love to add my trek but to me its an xc full suspension.......and only just started it so wont shame myself...yet :D

What Trek have you got Longy? Get it in here!

you may be familiar with it ;) ,no proper pics as yet so rek ill wait n do a proper build up thread :D

longun":2tgeaw3d said:
you may be familiar with it ;) ,no proper pics as yet so rek ill wait n do a proper build up thread :D

Ahh, cool :cool:

Keep it as original as possible. Non of this modern fork and V brake nonsense ;)

thats the aim chief :D although 93 lx is easier to find than 92 dx now :roll:

sorry back on topic :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back