L'eroica 2010

Yep I was thinking I'd prefer to do it 'DIY'. I'm going to have a look into the details re flights and accomodation in the next few days and see what I come up with

Easyjet from Luton to Pisa seems to be the cheapest option. You can also fly to Florence but it's more expensive.

A very outside possibility but I would like to go so keep me in touch as well please.

I've got several possible bikes!

We participated at L’eroica last year.
My wife did the shortest distance: 38 km.
I had trained for the 135 km but that was to difficult and I did the 75 km distance.
Accommodation is widely available as it is the end of the touristic season.
If you intend to do the 135 or 205 km start early and look for accommodation in Gaiole or Radda.
38 and 75 km is fun
135 and 205 km is heroic!

quite fancy having a go at this, probably be the 38km :oops:

drive down with a few stops on the way then some touring round italy afterwards

Where is good to stay on the shorter route?

Am i right in thinking that its a circuit (one lap) and not a point to point?

We had a stop for a few days at the Como lake and stayed in Montegonzi (Carviglia) at La Forra (agritourismo) in the Chianti region.
L’eroica is a permanent circuit of 205 km in the form of an 8.
Breathtaking scenery!

Well, I'm going the whole hog and riding the 200km - I've ridden Paris-Roubaix and Flanders sportives a couple of times and was looking for something different. Perversely, 12 hours in the saddle is actually quite appealing.

joe1983":sle79ofq said:
Yep I was thinking I'd prefer to do it 'DIY'. I'm going to have a look into the details re flights and accomodation in the next few days and see what I come up with

Did you get anywhere with this Joe? I ask as I have clearance and need to seize the day before it is rescinded!

Signed up for the 205km! and booked my easyjet flights:
Luton - Pisa on Friday 1st October dep 1220
Pisa - Luton on Monday 4th October
Happy to share car hire cost with anyone using the same flights and likewise great to find a hotel.

Back