BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
crud":3sxivbrm said:
but would you call it a downhill bike? or just a very good rider.

To me a downhill bike is a bike that has been marketed at somepoint as such by the manufacturer.

not a bike that has been adapted for downhill biking.

but others will have a different point of view.

Taking this as an example, if someone had built up a rigid bike specifically as an exact replica of some DH winner then, for me, it's a valid entry. If I just stuck in my Lava Dome on the basis that something similar was ridden down a hill at some point, then it's just entering for the sake of it.

Kentphil":2ds7hc99 said:
To me a downhill bike is a bike that has been marketed at somepoint as such by the manufacturer.

Yup. We could throw out Klunkers here and call them downhill bikes, but they were the exact opposite.

Purpose built for downhill nails it, and I don't think those started popping up until 94 or so. Putting chainguides and long travel Mag 21s on XC bikes don't cut it.

Phillipe Perakis' (sp?) bikes come to mind.

JeRkY":ew8h6net said:
crud":ew8h6net said:
Vouillez even had canti's on his lts down cap d'ail. at a time where maguras and discs were available.

Maguras came standard on my 1989 Pace RC100, and I am sure predate that by a couple of years. LONG before the LTS was ever dreamed up.

That's what he said :p :roll: :D

crap pic I know but, heck...

plethora-of-cheese.jpg

Pickle":37cstq10 said:
legrandefromage":37cstq10 said:

Why no KHS! :?

becuase its an XC bike and would fold like an origami commuter if I took it out 'down-hill' in its current state....

cheese.jpg

Why not... :D

dont let the absence of certain important parts put you off :p

legrandefromage":1fcolen4 said:
Pickle":1fcolen4 said:
legrandefromage":1fcolen4 said:

Why no KHS! :?

becuase its an XC bike and would fold like an origami commuter if I took it out 'down-hill' in its current state....

Get it finished, get a decent pic, get it entered ;)

I entered the RTS as Vouilloz used to race DH on one with not many modifications .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back