Batavus Professional Columbus SL

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Batavus Professional SL

Spring is coming! Offering excellent chassis for upcoming spring- and summerrides.

Fine quality Dutch thoroughbred made out Columbus SL tubing. The SL tubing is quite unique for this size Batavus frame, as normally larger size Professionals came with heavier SP tubing. This SL frame is among the lightest frame I had in my hands in this size. Only lighter 60 I recall was a Raleigh 753. With the original Super Record equipment it made a very light fast bike.

The frame is held together with Bocama Professional short point lugs and the bracket shell is an open example from Dardanne. The rear brake cable is routed along the toptube, what imo is the best way.

I personally have a weak spot for the Professional’s elegant appearance. The fade paintjob is typical for the era and the chrome adds an extra touch of class. Besides that a chromed surface is a durable finish of course

Features
- Columbus SL tubing
- Bocama Professional short point lugs
- Dardanne ‘open’ bottom bracket shell
- Cinelli aero crown
- Campagnolo drop outs
- Chromed fork, driveside chainstay and dropouts
- Brake cable routing along left side toptube
- Braze on for front derailleur
- Braze on for race number
- Seattube: 60cm C-T
- Toptube: 575mm

Condition
Great for a rider, but falls short for entering concours d’ elegance events. Though the frame shows a nice gloss, there are paint imperfections. By far best noticeable is the spot on top the left seatstay caused by rubbing of the cable. The frame has one major bummer though: Under downtube near bottom bracket little brown spots can be seen in the paint. No loose particles, no, white coloured brown. You won’t notice it as long as you keep the rubber down. If you have the skills and an airbrush kit -or a friend with skills and kit- I could imagine you correct it, as it will certainly lift total impression to a very nice standard. Keeping it a bit greasy or properly waxed is another option. Structurally the frame is 100% sound.

Comes with
Stronglight needle bearing headset, serviced and buttersmooth

Looking for 145 GBP shipped * SOLD *

View all pics (2 pages) >>>

Go HERE

4399480980_041c2b79b2_b.jpg

4399484164_d85884ba36.jpg
4399459658_a29e311003.jpg

4399479912_d4b88d1677.jpg
4399460542_993a8be427.jpg

4398711383_644b983876.jpg

4398706125_6dbb46da83.jpg

4398688601_81fd05c0f8.jpg

wired99":3avegn07 said:
That's very nice, thank christ it's too big for me!
Good luck with the sale,

Its my size dammit...

see how the Orange build goes, if it turns out too small... you never know.

Tiny price drop

The frame is still sitting here with me and is looking for someone ready to bring it back to its original glory with c-Record or Super Record and so on.

Still have this baby hanging around here. Not that she annoys me, but still.

Come on people :) She is maybe not the perfect garage queen, but you will have a hard time finding a better rider than this.

Price drop to 130 GBP shipped.

Back