BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeRkY":27rastbw said:
Hmm not sure I'll enter this one .....

Oh go on then. :LOL:

I submit for consideration my 1998 Pace RC500 F1.
More pictures, full specification and information
in this thread here

PaceRC500F1Downhill009.jpg

PaceRC500F1Downhill025.jpg

It has been a time consuming, costly and challenging project with lots of problems to solve. I am still working on lacing the HED downhill rims though!

Thanks for all the comments thus far on it, I realise this botm is likely to have a lot of love/hate action, and fully understand peoples reasons.

modern tyres

no hed wheels

no middleburn dh cranks

no mud??

rubbish ;) ;)

nporternz":3qpw673j said:
modern tyres

no hed wheels

no middleburn dh cranks

no mud??

rubbish ;) ;)

Tyres are just about period correct, cranks are as per a period review of the bike, although I opted for the Middleburn ring over the Race face.

I will grant that it looks a little modern compared to other entries thus far, and am starting to ponder whether the :
Please remember when you enter this is retrobike, we certainly won't be putting anything built in the last 10 or so years through to the final poll.

Was meant to keep the likes of me out :shock: :LOL:

JeRkY":1gfbgw9q said:

Nah, I'm feeling that was aimed at me,

Do you remember what I started off?

A whole new section of the website!! :LOL: :LOL:

So the Sv will be kept under cover :LOL: :LOL:

Gc

Hmmm, I was thinking about entering my only "DH bike" (since my RTS isn't built yet anyway). It retro, it's DH and I have yet to try it out and break it ;-)

1993 S-Bike 909:
s-bike-909dh.jpg

Void(EN12-82)

JeRkY":1i7ecb76 said:
nporternz":1i7ecb76 said:
modern tyres

no hed wheels

no middleburn dh cranks

no mud??

rubbish ;) ;)

Tyres are just about period correct, cranks are as per a period review of the bike, although I opted for the Middleburn ring over the Race face.

I will grant that it looks a little modern compared to other entries thus far, and am starting to ponder whether the :
Please remember when you enter this is retrobike, we certainly won't be putting anything built in the last 10 or so years through to the final poll.

Jerky,

your Pace is exactly the sort of thing we do want. My comments were more aimed at keeping out stuff like the 2005 Epic mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Anyhow BoTM is shaping up well thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back