Klein Attitude Blue Fade

bruciebonuz

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I have recently bought this Klein Attitude second hand. Its a bike I have always wanted....although I am pretty sure its a post-Trek bike but I dont care! Sram groupset, Skareb forks, Hope disc brakes, Bontrager rims, bars, stem, seatpost and tyres. Need to figure out a way to get the rear brake cable to go internal, other than that, its just as I want it. Not one for the purists maybe, but a great, fast bike.

Anyone know the year of manufacture of the frame??

Attachments

• IMG_6394.JPG
    IMG_6394.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,497
  • IMG_6400.JPG
    IMG_6400.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,497
  • IMG_6395.JPG
    IMG_6395.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,497
  • IMG_6396.JPG
    IMG_6396.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,497
More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_6397.JPG
    IMG_6397.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,492
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,492
  • IMG_6404.JPG
    IMG_6404.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,492
Nice bike. You'll be able to establish the year and month of manufacture from the serial number under the bottom bracket. Mine has 21H0999 ... which indicates 21 inch frame and built 9th month 1999.

Someone else should be able to assist with getting the cable back through the frame, mine have never been out so never had to get anything back through.

Your bike will be post-Trek but I couldn't care either mine is the mountain bike I wanted and while not as classic a Klein as the earlier ones they still have most of the Klein features and are great bikes. Enjoy.

Thanks

Mine was made in May 2000 it seems. Its in brilliant condition for a 10 year old frame. Like its hardly been ridden by the previous owner. Great bike, really light and looks the business in my humble opinion!

Nice :cool:

Have always had a soft spot for those Kleins. Loving the fork though - always wanted a set of Skareb's. Not sure why, maybe it's just the name :? :LOL: .

Good looking Klein. I have an Adroit Race 1999.

To get the cable back in try some sewing thread and a hoover :?

Start the thread at one end of the frame and then try to suck it out the other end with the hoover - the better seal you can get the better and use a helping hand from gravity have the thread falling down the frame by tilting the frame. If / once you get the thread through tie it too the cable and gently pull it through.

You should use some internal liner for the cable also. They maybe inside the frame or might have got lost. I am sure you can still get them though.

Best of Luck Tim

I've just noticed your bike is hydraulic brakes. :oops:

Previous post is for wire cables.

Not sure how to get the hydraulic through there :?:

Yup, think its a non starter - the cables are too thick for a start!

I did see some people had nicer looking cable hangers - little black pegs that stuck on the frame and then the cable hung off them? Anyone know what they are called?

Back