BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy_Rider":1tt9389s said:
Excellent :cool:
Although I see a debate brewing, as this is a "Downhill Special" and not a "Full Suspension Special" ( i think we had that not long ago right?) then I would imagine the bike nominated would have to have been classed as a Downhill Bike when new? When did downhill specific bikes first appear?

Agreed on Jerky's Pace, it's simply stunning.

if I was going to race DH , the bike in my fleet I would choose would be this one . ;)

Hmm not sure I'll enter this one .....

Oh go on then. :LOL:

I submit for consideration my 1998 Pace RC500 F1.
More pictures, full specification and information
in this thread here

PaceRC500F1Downhill009.jpg

PaceRC500F1Downhill025.jpg

It has been a time consuming, costly and challenging project with lots of problems to solve. I am still working on lacing the HED downhill rims though!

Thanks for all the comments thus far on it, I realise this botm is likely to have a lot of love/hate action, and fully understand peoples reasons.

... However, there is another way to win..... LOBO!!! **ducks several GT hate comments in the process** :LOL:

cchris2lou":324xut3r said:
Easy_Rider":324xut3r said:
Excellent :cool:
Although I see a debate brewing, as this is a "Downhill Special" and not a "Full Suspension Special" ( i think we had that not long ago right?) then I would imagine the bike nominated would have to have been classed as a Downhill Bike when new? When did downhill specific bikes first appear?

Agreed on Jerky's Pace, it's simply stunning.

if I was going to race DH , the bike in my fleet I would choose would be this one . ;)

Well that's one way of making it clear :p :D

What constitutes a retro downhill bike anyway?

A lot of race entries BITD entitled you to race XC AND DH. And most people did it on the same bike.

By that rationale, my Dave Yates was a DH bike, even when it had the original Project 2 forks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back