New Jersey forces move to retro wheelsets :)

JS1500":3o46ottf said:
Odd.
Anyone ever considered QR wheels dangerous :?:

Yes. The Americans.

Hence tabs on the drop outs of US suspension forks, although I suspect they were more for legal reasons - manufacturers don't want to get sued.

this is just more proof that the american goverment is full of retards and that they are petty and have run out of people to pick on so they are starting on cycleists who use quick releases (really the insurance people bribed the goverment to make them illegal to save paying out for stolen wheel sets and injury's ) :cool: :cool: :cool:

if i remember correctly its aimed at department store bikes.as somebody who works in the bike industry i know all too well how many people dont know how to properly use a quick release

If poor little jonny can't use a qr properly, what's to say he can use a spanner to take the wheel off if it ever punctures? He'll probably sue when he has to run his flat wheel for a few weeks and end up with a damaged wrist from all that road vibration. I say ban innertubes and revert to solid tyres, and while you're about it those cogs and chains look a little sharp - lets get rid of those, and what about that saddle -prostate numbness you say, well that's gotta go, and how about the mental distress of owning last years model, all production must stop today!

Thank god there are some right minded people out there ensuring that we never have the possibility of risk (or fun) in our lives. Can you imagine what would happen if we had to think for ourselves or, heavens forbid, take responsibility for our own actions.

http://www.claimshelpline.com
Where there's blame - there's a claim!

Oh and having worked and lived just outside of Trenton I can safely say that a good number of the residents probably couldn't use a qr (most certainly couldn't muster the dexterity to use a knife and fork- that's probably a good enough indicator) so best get this law though quick!

hollister":1hz5ygfl said:
if i remember correctly its aimed at department store bikes.as somebody who works in the bike industry i know all too well how many people dont know how to properly use a quick release

Yeah, probably better to legislate to protect the stupid rather than try to educate them.

Back