1998 yeti lawwill retro downhiller

working class zero

Retro Newbie
this might be the only chance you ever get to buy one of these bikes and you'll never, ever see another one in this condition unless you know someone else who bought one in 1998 and kept it in a cupboard for 9 years.
it's a yeti lawwill 6 with manitou x-vert carbons. every part of this bike is 1998, nothing has been upgraded or replaced because it has never been used. it's the bike i used to drool over as a kid and when it came up for sale i broke the bank to get it. now i'm scared to use it. it's in pretty much mint condition and it would be a shame to ruin it after it's survived all this time. i already know i'll regret selling it but i'm living in poverty and can't afford to have a bike which is just a conversation piece. if you want to buy it and thrash it that's up to you but i can't bring myself to do it.
i've only used this for cruising to work on. back in the day it may have been the best DH bike in the world but by todays standards it has really tight geometry, low weight and handles amazingly. it'd so much easier to pedal than my patriot 7+. it's modern equivalent would be a light and snappy 6 inch trail bike.
i've changed a few pieces, i had the azonic shorty and double wall bars in the garage but i'll probably sell it with the immaculate ringle stem and answer aulminite bars that came with it. i also changed the tyres to i wouldn't ruin the unused michelin wildgripper dh's it had on.
the frame is mint with 1 or 2 tiny scuffs in the stickers. there is not a single scratch, chip, scrape, dent or bend anywhere it's brand new.
only damage to report is in the rear shock. the seals had not liked sitting in a cupboard unsed for a decade so they let the oil out. not as much of a problem as you might think as i've seen whole new shocks for £25 quid on ebay, i think betd sell them and i know that TFT still service them so a quick phone call to tim flooks and you're sorted.

this is my chilhood dream bike and i'll never get to own one again, i'd love to see it sell to someone who appreciates it as much as me.
i want £1000 and i'm based in sunderland. i might swap for a sorted 4x style hardtail along the lines of a charge blender, intense tazer but the cash would be much more useful.

and here's the pics;
IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7666.jpg

The pics don't seem to be working. Too many in one post :?:

Sounds like a real beauty though :!:

Would be great to get the pics sorted - even if I can't afford her :(

I think it's the querystring at the end of the image url.. Here ya go..

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7666.jpg

Do you fancy selling the frame and brakes on their own?

Could throw a new Mountain Cycle Rumble frame into equation if it helps things along?

Back