South East Ride 28th March

Where shall we ride ?

• North Downs - Leith Hill (I dont know the area)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Downs - Arundel (Who will get lost this time ?)

• Narnia - (If you can ride threw the wardrobe your there)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately how much time do you guys tend to spend on a get-together like this? A few hours or all day? :?

JohnH":7e6ohram said:
Approximately how much time do you guys tend to spend on a get-together like this? A few hours or all day? :?

We spend all day. Most of it faffing about. By the time we get out of the car park we ride for a few hours with periods of intense faffing, getting lost and emergency repairs en route.

It's a fairly relaxed affair, we go at the pace of the slowest rider, wait at the top of climbs that sort of thing.

I'm not sure yet whether I can make it, but could I assume that if you say 10.00, that means I could take the train that arrives in Arundel at 10.14 and proceed from there very slowly to the meeting point and still not miss you? If you're going to leave soon after 10.00, please say.

If in the future somebody wants a wander around Swinley Forest, let me know. I know the area quite well.

Anthony":1w6imclb said:
I'm not sure yet whether I can make it, but could I assume that if you say 10.00, that means I could take the train that arrives in Arundel at 10.14 and proceed from there very slowly to the meeting point and still not miss you? If you're going to leave soon after 10.00, please say.

If you arive at 10.14 that will be fine, we will still be faffing in the railway station car park by then.

Would it be ok if I invite two people who are not members of Retrobike? Both are fellow members of the Countryside Access Forum for West Sussex, which advises WSCC on access and rights of way issues. One of them, Chris Boocock, is also the Brighton Regional Officer of SUSTRANS.

I've no idea whether either of them might be available, but they might like an opportunity to talk to people about issues to do with bridleways in West Sussex.

Anthony":sqv73wen said:
Would it be ok if I invite two people who are not members of Retrobike? Both are fellow members of the Countryside Access Forum for West Sussex, which advises WSCC on access and rights of way issues. One of them, Chris Boocock, is also the Brighton Regional Officer of SUSTRANS.

I've no idea whether either of them might be available, but they might like an opportunity to talk to people about issues to do with bridleways in West Sussex.

no problem.

dont forget Wu-tangeled cant tell us apart :LOL: !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back