1998 Bontrager Privateer S - * FINISHED PHOTOS Page 2 *

Thanks for the comments guys, really helps spur me on and love to hear other people's ideas :)

I kinda get what you mean about the RF post, it's a bit 'un-bontragerish' but I am totally sold on the design of them, I've been using them for years and you really cant beat them for ease of setup and adjustability.

I'm stuck on brake levers at the moment, I have some Avid Ultimates but they are anodized black and I dont think they will suit. Would love som silver ones or something like silver Real levers, but also on the lookout for some XT's to match the arms...

ta
Matt

so...apart from swapping the rear rim for a 517 to matcht the front she is done!

and I'm rather pleased with the result even if i do say so myself :)

Matt

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,389
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,389
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 2,389
  • twin.jpg
    twin.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 2,389
well just been out for my first ride on it this evening, and if I had to choose one word to describe it it would be:

'superdupernimblepyschichandlinglovelyness'

Beatiful bike - retro and very, very classy. Incidentally, it's virtually the same colour as my Dave Yates painted Dave Yates - 'Sky blue' :) .

Just seen this thread. Good read. You've taken your time and done a quality job, really classy. The polishing was worth the effort as well mate, well done.

That's a great looking bike. Think I'll have to buy the next Bonty that comes up for sale...

Back