The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challo!

New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

Love the website!

Your forum is a treasure trove of information and makes my armchair research much less daunting. The BOTM is amazing and I hope to cast a vote soon.

I have owned and ridden mountain bikes since the mid eighties however discarded them regularly until recently. Started collecting two years ago and confine my searching to bikes I either previously owned or wanted to own. As you can see, I have pretty simple non-exotic taste.

Here is a list of my current mountain bikes that are a minimum of a dozen years old.

1983 Univega Alpina Uno NOS (Never ridden)
1985 Ross Hi Tech Mt Hood Chrome-Quite a head turner
1991 Nishiki Alien E Stays Neon Green and at least 20 purple ano bits!
1991 Trek 930 Singletrack Beautiful purple white fade
1994 S Works M2 Full XTR & NOS (Sadly never ridden)
1995 Stumpjumper FS Color matched Mag21-A work horse!

JSO

Re: Challo!

JSO":32lrq3z9 said:
1983 Univega Alpina Uno NOS (Never ridden)
1985 Ross Hi Tech Mt Hood Chrome-Quite a head turner
1991 Nishiki Alien E Stays Neon Green and at least 20 purple ano bits!
1991 Trek 930 Singletrack Beautiful purple white fade
1994 S Works M2 Full XTR & NOS (Sadly never ridden)
1995 Stumpjumper FS Color matched Mag21-A work horse!

JSO

Readers bikes section for you next with some nice piccis of this little lot :)

welcome ;)

hi all, i'm mik

Been riding since '92.
started out with a DiamondBack Apex, put a flexstep on it in '92 to aid with my DH racing career (but it buggered the handling from the hi rise Tbone)
Got an Axis TR in '94 with manatou 3's, great bike, switched it up to long travel (once again for DH career)... that bike has jsut been commandered by the girlfriend and she likes it (but not enough to want something "cooler" :roll:
also have a '94 manatou FS (yet more advancement to my non-existant DH career...)
adn also a scandium Yeti ARC.

Dude to beign injured (from running... or a big crash) i have turned into a lard butt, but these days i ride rather slowly,that i mean to change.

I see some people here that may know me from yetifan and MTBR with my claim to fame of not really knowing much (those hazy memories of stuff i read), and a medium pile of tomac pics

so Hi

and i want a xizang...

Hi just thought i would introduce myself after looking through the site and drooling over some of he bikes you guys have.
I started mountainbiking with a marin muirwoods in 1994. Im not sure what year it was made but was told it was a couple of years old when i bought it. It was black and fluorescent yellow with a biopace chainset. I think it had a 200gs groupset on it. I loved that bike but sold it on to a friend when work got in the way and i could not find time to ride it.
I did nothing with bikes until 2003 when illness forced me to give up my business and become a house husband. On my doctors advice i started mountain biking (he actually said cycling ) and borrowed my friends 1999 marin muirwoods till i bought a bike.
First bike i bought was a GT LTS 1 frame from my local bike shop and here started my addiction. This was soon followed with a 1995 Marin Hawkhill in mint condition, a Raleigh M-Trax Ti 1000( Nearly restored) and recently a Raleigh Dynatech Solaris original but in a sorry state.

Stumbled on this site by accident and glad I did. I thought I was the only person with this fetish.

Some cracking rebuilds (the Pace RC100 Mavic project - best concept rebuild I have ever seen).

Will post some pics later. Am in the process of moving house.

Hejsan Allihopa!

Just promoted myself from a lurker to a full-blown member :D

I'm a sucker for those years when MTBs were in their troublesome teens, when the mythical 'guys with beards' were experimenting in their dark garages somewhere in sunny California.

The days when you blew all your wages on a small 3D Violet piece of art, when we all thought that titanium would save mankind, when Missy and Co. screamed down the Kamikazi on their 2" travel 'downhill' bikes, when the top-of-the-range bikes were cro-mo hardtails and.....damn I'm getting old... :roll:

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back