54cm Koga Miyata Gents Racer

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This bike has taken hours from my life! It has been stripped and cleaned to within an inch of it's life!!!

In a very fetching white and brown paint job this one really floats my boat and the others that have seen it gave it the thumbs up.

The tubing is Hardlite FM2 with "Superstiff" fork. There are a few minor scratches here and there as you would expect to find on a bike of this age. The worst parts are on the forks (drive side) and the rear triangle (non drive side), however under these chips it is chrome so there is no danger of rust and the option to strip the paint back is also there.

The entire groupset is 6 speed Shimano 600EX including the handlebar stem and the aero seatpost. All the components are in very good condition and polished up very nicely. Points to note are the gumhoods of the brake levers are perished and could do with replacing, there is the normal wear to the lacquer on the crank, I was tempted to clean it all off and have a polished finish but decided against it in the end. Also the rings (44, 52) could do with replacing. Other than that I'd say that everything is spot on.

Other components are 'Wolber Gentleman 81 Super Champion' rims, tyres are 23mm Continental, pedals are some sort of period aero type that I thought looked the part but they're crying out to be replaced with 600EX, saddle is faded leather Super Contour Royal which is the only brown saddle I have, I tried a brown brooks but I didn't think it looked right. Tape is new Fizik and looks the part imo.

All in all a lovely bike that I have got quite attached to, looks and rides lovely.

I would like £250 posted for it. (I was offered £300 for it but due to it not having mudguard clearance the buyer withdrew his offer :( )

Feel free to ask if I have missed something

Kogaandammaco027.jpg

Kogaandammaco030.jpg

Kogaandammaco032.jpg

Kogaandammaco034.jpg

Kogaandammaco036.jpg

Kogaandammaco039.jpg

Kogaandammaco041.jpg

Kogaandammaco042.jpg

More here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... s%20Racer/

koga

try posting an ad on lfgss...this would sell in 5 minutes...you could probably sell it for 350..

Yup it's going on there later today, along with all my other stuff.

I'm going to miss this though even the missus doesn't mind this one cluttering the kitchen :D

Back