1995/6 Proflex 955.A few more tweeks on page 2.

Polish or paint?

• Polish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paint

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MIKE - if you don't need to weld then get the Autosol out and start building those arm muscles up. This will look stunning if you can make it shine.

If you need to weld those cracks then paint paint paint

Get some close-ups of those decals and send them to gil_m to see if he can conjure up some of his magic.

This has the makings of a very very cool bike :cool:

Tweaked a few bits about. Unfortunately i'm resigned to not being able to find a pair of WTB Velociraptor butterscotch tyres :( but on the flip side while i was looking i found these alpha/omega bite ritcheys :D
Just needs V's cables and a chain. Can't decide on a polished or black stem?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 3,513
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 3,513
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 3,513
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 3,513
you say it has hairline cracks :shock: I would get it fixed first then polish up

tintin40":1t7lwnt0 said:
you say it has hairline cracks :shock: I would get it fixed first then polish up

+1

I would get it sorted first - cracks aren't going to go away. Just my opinion, i'd prefer to play it safe. But then I am a geek :LOL:

Has the makings of a great bike though, looking good so far. Like those tyres.

the gent I bought it from informed me it was cracked when I bought it but I can't see any cracks in the actual tubes. One weld under the top tube at the headtube is slightly 'undercut' making it appear as though it is coming away but i'm 95% sure its not. The other area that was highlighted by the seller was around the pivot area which may need further investigation but looks very superficial to me.
Top pic shows the headstock area, slight shading on bottom weld being the 'problem' area.
Bottom pic shows the pivot area, I can't see any issues here at all.
Anybody got access to an x-ray machine :D

Attachments

• 212.JPG
    212.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,473
  • 211.JPG
    211.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,473
Nice :cool: . I've got a 955 frame in the shed. I just realised that I was supposed to buy that shock and rear wishbone from Matt .....erm but I forgot all about it until i've just seen this :roll: . If your reading this Matt, i'm sorry :oops: Anyway glad I didn't though as I see it's been put to good use :D .

One thing though .... surely it's got to have Girvins. It's the law ;) .

Will watch the progress with interest.

Took the frame to work today for a proper close inspection with Karl the tigman. We poked it and prodded it, then he used some mystical penetrating spray/powder. Karl has given the old bird a clean bill of health :D stating that any welding without a full frame annealling afterwards would make the frame less strong and it 'doesn't bloody need fixing anyway you knob'
So, now the polishing begins :roll: :?

Looking good, I love ProFlexs` and wish I could have kept mine!

Glad its not cracked, another one still on the trails.

This would look ace with a set of Girvin Chubbys on it! ;)

Tony....

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2vcli9du said:
Took the frame to work today for a proper close inspection with Karl the tigman. We poked it and prodded it, then he used some mystical penetrating spray/powder. Karl has given the old bird a clean bill of health :D stating that any welding without a full frame annealling afterwards would make the frame less strong and it 'doesn't bloody need fixing anyway you knob'
So, now the polishing begins :roll: :?

Well that's a good thumbs up then. Karl the tigman must know his onions.

Gets those elbow supports on, the polishing begins :LOL:

A bit more red.....

I've added a couple more red bits :D Just waiting for some lighter forks to turn up and shes pretty much done, bar the dreaded polishing of course :D When is some patina to much patina ;)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 694
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 694
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 694

Latest posts

Back