1/4 to 1/8 reducer

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

I got a sweet purple Zooka for my SkyExpension :D Happy I am.

Only thing is the Zooka is for 1-1/4 (ahead), but my SkyExpension needs 1-1/8.

Does anybody know of a 1-1/4 to 1-1/8 reducer???

Hope to finish the project soon :cool: Final stage.

Hi Melvin! Howzit?

I was about to post the very same request! I have a very nice 1 1/4 Zooka that i want to use on a 1 1/8 Manitou steerer....

If anyone has two of these shims (if they exist :?: ) please contact me too

So far I discovered Nitto makes a piece so you can use a 1/4 ahead stem on a 1/8 threaded steerer.

I need 1/4 ahead => 1/8 ahead though

hi guys
i had a similar thing with a pace stem for my klein rascal recently. the pace was 1 1/8, the forks 1". unfortunately the wedge type clamp of the pace (similar to the zooka?) didnt grip at all with the shim. ive had to swap to a temporary 1 1/8th stem with a normal 2 bolt clamp til i find something suitable... the 'normal' style clamp tightens up perfectly with the shim.
i know pace stems are notoriously poo at actually clamping steerers but this wouldnt tighten at all properly - it just dug into the shim.

You are right on that Bear Chan.

Two other Zookas are in use with aluminium shim by me and a Syncros (also wedge clamp) too. I had to retighten several times during the 1st rides. With one of the bikes I forgot and when standing still I noticed I could steer from left to right without any movement of the front wheel ...after just having done a single track at 35km/h. How lucky were I :oops:

Currently they are doing really well for quite some time now. I do not consider it the perfect setup though.

It will defo do on the SkyExpension, as it won't see spectacular downhills anymore.

I don't find anything on the Reset site

What did you see there? Can you provide the quicklink?

All these are for reducing 1-1/4" head tubes to 1-1/8", what i think is needed is a shim that fits inside the stem to reduce it to 1-1/8".

From what i remember, Zooka's were not the tightest of clamping stems in the first place. Adding another part to compress aswell, might be asking too much.

Elev12k":2ud8gbiq said:
I don't find anything on the Reset site

What did you see there? Can you provide the quicklink?

It uses 'frames' so the address in the bar never changes regardless of where you are on the site :(

Click on the pale blue 'RESET' logo in the upper right - then click on 'Special Headset Systems' (middle right) - the third product down is what you want.

mepy5.jpg

Shot at 2007-06-24

Back