1980s ti raleigh

toppo

Dirt Disciple
DSC00311.jpg

Always wanted one and just aquired it recently .Rides like new in mint condition :D . Looking for correct period brake levers to go with bike ???

It is/was red but gone bit dull due age but a good buff and polish will have it back to red . Not one bit rust anywhere on frame ;) .

Be careful with polishing the red back. I tried this once on a blue Raleigh that had faded but the sun had bleached the colour right through. Unfortunately I got down to the primer before I discovered this! :oops:

probably had Weinmann levers.

try a polish like armor-all before t-cut as this 'feeds' the paint where its oxidised

I've tried 'Red' T-Cut on an old red frame and it seemed to bring the colour back pretty well. Just take it lightly.

1980 retro raleigh ti

Here she is again after good clean and polish -mint :D
Still after some campag brake levers/cals .

048.jpg

I think it's the same as on my 1986 Raleigh Road Ace - I'll have a look tomorrow. It's one of the few parts on my bike that isn't Shimano 600. I saw what was advertised on eBay as a 600 seat post, but I wasn't altogether convinced.

My bike is a 21 1/2" frame - a bit too big for me, but the smallest Raleigh produced at the time - and the fluted part of the seat post is almost entirely sunk into the seat tube, which is a pity because I think they do look rather stylish.

Back