Dude, WTF is with that fork?!? My DeKerf

FMJ":1r5i3a9h said:
Now this one I'm positive about the history behind it. I just couldn't come to grips with the way it rode. :LOL: It was a bit too big for me (damn short legs).

DKFS-1.jpg
:shock: :shock: WTF? Never seen one of those before!
The serial no. should be under the bottom bracket. It could well be covered if it's had a (very) thick coat of paint.
Dekerf Cycle Innovations WERE formed in 1991, but didn't produce bikes until 1993. If yours IS a '91, it may well be a pre production prototype or summat...
Mine was built in March '94 and has #DEK254. Kaiser has #DEK255 ! I can't imagine Chris Dekerf built 250 in a year, by himself, as a new company... or could he?

suburbanreuben":31azo0oy said:
The serial no. should be under the bottom bracket. It could well be covered if it's had a (very) thick coat of paint.

First place I looked. Must be thick.

suburbanreuben":31azo0oy said:
WTF? Never seen one of those before!

You left me no choice but to play the Ace ;). A friend of mine had it built by DK. IIRC it was frame #2 (2001).

My ex playing on it while he tried to figure out why I would run my front brake on the right side.

Dscf0037-2.jpg

Log crossing at one of the local trails. It was a neat build. 24"s on 6" Seismic hubs, Risse Trixxy fork, Sram Woody deraileur. He moved to Florida and quit riding, so I took it off his hands. Never realized till I uploaded this archived image that my other friend's Generation was in the shot.

bridge8.jpg

*UPDATE*

Note to self: Make optometrist appointment and get new bifocals.

I flipped the bike over, wiped down the BB, and shone a flashlight at an angle on it, and with a magnifying glass could make out the faint outline of a Ritchey logo and DEK 184.

Welcome to yet another Canuck!

and OMG that is one LUSH DeKerf! Love the DeKerf integrated Ti stem/bar combo! As well as the forks and other selection of parts!

Back