Front Mech problems SOLVED - thanks

P20":3pj7jz0p said:
Is the cable sat correctly in the shifter? Is there a cable port(for replacing cable without taking the shifter apart) where you can see it actually moving the cable?
Is there a correct way of seating the cable? what postion should the levers be? As the levers are not moving the cable. Yes its easy to put the cable in. :cry:

had the same thing a while ago , couldnt work it out

what had happened was that the cable end was caught in the groove not in the socket for the cable end , the cam had not quite gone all the way forward and it looked as if it was seated properly but wasn`t ??

try it ???

Re: Front Mech problems

tintin40":3gwhediq said:
Its on the big chainring
Sounds like you tightened up the cable while the gear shifter was still in top gear :?
Undo the cable clamp, shift down into bottom gear, move the mech and chain manually if necessary, pull the cable tight and cinch it back up.

SLIM":398927dw said:

what had happened was that the cable end was caught in the groove not in the socket for the cable end , the cam had not quite gone all the way forward and it looked as if it was seated properly but wasn`t ??

try it ???
Sounds like my problem. Tonight battle will start again :LOL:
Thanks

SLIM":5h00kanc said:

try it ???
That's what i meant :LOL:

Not routing the cable under the pinch bolt at the mech,rather than over are you- reducing the leverage?? No, cos he said there was no movement on the cable. . .
Rigth then,
-possible brakage inside the sti
- possible cable stop on the trimble pulled INTO the frame (not good. . )
-The outer wasn't seated peoperly at the lever and has just jumped into its socket
-the ratchet has got caught in the lever- you'll need to release tension to release it.

Either way, i think the cable has to cme out themech so you can evaluate the lever alone, independant of all other components. Job for the evening. .

Back