Dude, WTF is with that fork?!? My DeKerf

Holy Crap :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thats awesome, uber bling but done understated

I want one :roll:

Sorry about you friend, you have done him proud

Yup,
That is GORGEOUS!!

I think thats my favourite bike I have ever seen here

I'm Loving the bar/stem unit & I have also never seen those forks before.

You friend will be smugly winking down at you "told you" ;)

Gc

What a superb bike. You have done your friend proud there.

The only thing I would change is the saddle - I think your composition needs black in that corner to balance with the white and black elsewhere. But maybe your friend would have liked the white saddle? If so, that overrides all other considerations.

My question is over the date of the bike. de Kerf didn't start making bikes under his own brand name until 1993, and the first Team didn't come out until 1996, with the first Team SL in 1997. Are the paint and decals original?

The open seat stays and flat dropouts, like this, http://www.flickr.com/photos/16732514@N ... 7354844853 would indicate that this is a '96 or earlier frame. Therefore not a Team SL, which had dropouts like this, http://www.flickr.com/photos/16732514@N ... 993582750/ and plastic caps in the top of the seat stay.
The decals are period correct, except for the Team SL logo. The paint is probably not. Early Dekerfs were at first either metallic green or orange, then red or blue too. White, AFAIK was not an option on these. I think it has probably been resprayed, but It doesn't half look good! :cool: . I was thinking of white pearl for my '94 dekerf, but for some reason chose yellow instead. :roll:
When Chris Dekerf sends out decals, he includes the Team SL logo unless it's a softail or other wierdo. It was probably applied in error. Mine was, and now masquerades as a Team SL with '01 + style graphics. Purists might blush, but underneath it's still a Dekerf, and a Ritchey logic one at that, with an absolutely sublime ride (better than the later 853 tubeset).
I can't make it out from the pics, but I bet it has a flared seattube at the BB too...

suburbanreuben":1w9jv4zn said:
Except it isn't a '91, and it isn't a team SL...

I'm going by what I've been told. The year may be an approximation. I'd contact the original owner for clarification, but my ouiji board is at the shop getting resurfaced. ;)

suburbanreuben":1w9jv4zn said:
What is the serial number?

If the story is correct, it is his old frame that he ordered from the factory in metalflake orange w. matching painted RS Mag 21 SL (I remember him having/riding the bike back in the early 90s) which he purchased back from 2nd owner and refinished. I can't find any #s on the frame. They may have been covered up by the respray. A hint to their location may be of assistance.

suburbanreuben":18ubwdqv said:
Purists might blush, but underneath it's still a Dekerf, and a Ritchey logic one at that, with an absolutely sublime ride (better than the later 853 tubeset).
I can't make it out from the pics, but I bet it has a flared seattube at the BB too...

Yes, it has Ritchey dropouts and the flared Logic seat tube. I would like to get the year/model right, but can't find #s.

Now this one I'm positive about the history behind it. I just couldn't come to grips with the way it rode. :LOL: It was a bit too big for me (damn short legs).

DKFS-1.jpg

Back