1995/6 Proflex 955.A few more tweeks on page 2.

Polish or paint?

• Polish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paint

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thinking I might paint this white. I like red and white, plus it saves me the chore of polishing it and will cover any welding. What do you think folks?

Big thanks to Mattbrown for this frame. It came to me with a couple of hairline cracks, one under the downtube and one very slight one behind the seat tube in the pivot area. I cleaned these up so that I could see the extent to them and, for the moment at least, i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll do a couple of mild/medium rides and dust them when I get home to see if they have worsened. Any sign of further cracking and the Tig set will come out to play :D
The rear shock came less its spring and top cap. Karma was surely shining on me as an appropriate lenght and weight spring and top cap was sourced from a Scott octane shock which i'd taken a punt on for possible spares using the art of guesstimation.
I'm putting off any serious polishing until i'm sure i'm not going to need to weld it.
Assuming no other gremlins come light this will be my bike for MM this year.

Attachments

• proflex 001.JPG
    proflex 001.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 4,041
  • proflex 007.JPG
    proflex 007.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 4,041
  • proflex 015.JPG
    proflex 015.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,041
  • proflex 013.JPG
    proflex 013.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 4,041
That piggyback looks perilously close to the seat-tube! I'd be tempted to run it upside down (with the piggyback in the space under the shock)

you can't run it that way unfortunately as the end of the shock is conical to fit into the struts.

Nice bike :D

Looks as though it will build up into a stunner, always had a soft spot for these.

Bit of polishing time will reward you with a very pretty ride. :cool:

apparently 955s did come in other colours but I've only ever seen them polished, so polished it is :D

Back