The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sell the parts on the Raleigh , only the frame and forks are special , the rest can always be found at a later stage .

the M900 stuff should give you a fair amount of cash .

cchris2lou":1y9pcihp said:
sell the parts on the Raleigh , only the frame and forks are special , the rest can always be found at a later stage .

the M900 stuff should give you a fair amount of cash .
Thats a fair point and would go a good way to buying the ti-mega. I guess i'm too sentimental about the Raleigh, but then I did spend a hell of a lot of time restoring it is former glory. Think i'd wish to sell it whole for that reason, and it would need to go to very good RB home.

NOS Mavic 217SUP gold/purple on NOS M737 XT DT DB spokes

NOS Mavic 217SUP gold/purple on NOS M737 XT DT DB spokes 36 hole. Built but never ridden.

How much should I ask for it

Sithlord":1qqukb9i said:
NO....NO....NO....NO....dont do it mark....DONT do it....
I'm with ya - don't sell this, I know you love this bike, even if it's like somebody else said, just keeping the frame and forks for when you could buld it up again.

sinnett177":8mry6id3 said:
I bow my head in shame for asking this, but what is my Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech worth? I've been offered my dream bike, an alpinestars ti-mega and the only way I can afford or justify buying it is to sell this on. I spent large sums of time and money restoring this bike to an original spec so think it should go as a complete bike.

If you sold it you wouldn't have a bike to match your Raleigh jersey.
So it's a no from me too. Besides which, you love that bike. You can always borrow money to buy your dream Ti-Mega, but you'd regret selling the Dyna-Tech.

Lifes to short to be sentimental about these things. A few years back I gave up motocross and sold my immaculate 1979 Honda CR250, i'd had it 10 years and restored it down to every nut and bolt. Yes I miss it, but I know that life moves on and fresh challenges emerge. For me I need to keep things in proportion, I have a family to raise and bills to pay, so cannot justify having 2 'superbikes' in my bike collection.

It looks as though I have a retrobike buyer, but its early days. If so it will be going to a very good home, there is also a possibility of it going to a Raleigh museum, but this would be a shame as it would not get ridden.

sinnett177":31b2qlvq said:
Lifes to short to be sentimental about these things.
?

Now I'm most puzzled ;-)

Isn't retrobike mostly about being sentimental about these things?

Any ideas on this at all would be really helpful :D

jonah":3mnplb6m said:
Hi all,

please excuse me asking advice on only my second post but I'm in a bit of a dilemma with one of my fleet.

I own a KHS Alite 2000. My brother had this from new, barely used it for a few years, then sold it to me.
I didn't use it for a while, then recommissioned it and have been using it lightly for pottering about. Its never had any hard use.

Problem is I think I may be more suited to a hybrid in terms of what I want to use it for.

My question is, what do you think the KHS is worth if I were to sell it? I can't really find any basis on which to work :?

Brief specs:

21 inch frame
26 inch wheels
Rear wheel: parallax hub, sun rim
Front wheel: specialized hub, mavic rim (replacement wheel)
Shimano STX RC crank, V brakes and front derailleur (3 speed)
Shimano Deore LX rear derailleur (8 speed)
Power tools bar ends/stem/brake levers
Manitou Spyder R front suspension forks (working fine)

Has new brake blocks, inner and outer brake cables, inner and outer gear cables, handlebar grips and pedals.

As you can see from the pictures, I've set it up as a tourer so I may as well thing about getting a bike more suited to that role!

Any ideas of value to help me make a decision over what to do would be much appreciated :D

Cheers.

5ab1270e.jpg

0e20fb0c.jpg

77b703b4.jpg

f6caf892.jpg

c991c48c.jpg

I have a pair of Bontrager Racelite wheels from the mid to late 90's which have ceramic rims and hubs marked up as Bontrager by Chris King. they are straight, fully functioning and regularly serviced. They make the same lovely "full of angry bees" sound as my current King hubs.

I'm undecided whether or not to put them on my wife's newly refurbed Trek 8000 (Easton Pro-gram tubed one from mid 90's) However, she only uses it for towing our son about in a trailer and they are silly light wheels and a bit too good for this really.

I'd consider selling them if they are worth a reasonable amount as I'm pretty sure they were only done as a limited item. They would probably set off someone on here's pride and joy very nicely. If they are quite rare and collectable and somebody wanted them I'd let them go for a fair price. If they are not that special, I'll keep them and run them til they run no more.

Any help or comments appreciated. I would post pics but I've left my USB lead at work and have no SD slot in my puter. I can put pics up on Monday.

Mint Sauce 1997 Calendar.

Mint Sauce 10 Years of.

Gary Fisher Brochure from 98 I believe.

How much are they worth if anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back