Shimano 600AX brakes with new shoes

reetegoed

Dirt Disciple
Maybe handy to know , it's not difficult to
make the it yourself .
Check the picture.
Regards!
600AX%20brakes.jpg.opt712x534o0,0s712x534.jpg

Any more details? I'm trying to source a suitable set of pads for carbon rims :)

I've been looking for these brake pads long time now .
They'r just not available anymore.
Now i found out that cutting an cadridge brake pad from an road bike is
easy , the size is almoste the same.
Do NOT use ATB cadridge pads , they are more bend , caused by the smaller wheel size.
i used BBB cadridge pads , the same as i use for my road bike.
Whell ...ahem ...road bike.. i ride an transformed cyclocross bike..
its these brakes (STX)
pbpic1813749.jpg

And the shimano 600AX brakes wil be fitted to this frame
pbpic2645979.jpg

Thanks for the instruction on the pads.

Very nice frame you have there. What is the story behind it? Is it refinished or was it ever like that? The race number tab certainly is a custom addition and the vertical decals on the headtube are something you normally saw on teambikes only.

I notice modernish headset and STI adjusters: You are going to build it up as modernish rider?

Are the callipers goldish anodized?

Hi melvin

i think you know all about this frame ... Bought it at e-bay few years ago , guy came all the way from Friesland to bring it , he had bought it like a year earlier as new old stock , and used it a season with the 8 sp setup , thats why the modern STI adjusters are on the bike. I will remove them and install the old style setup. The frame is original and in splendid state.

I do have other PRO frames that need attention , but thats for later.
Regards
René

Okay Rene :D , now I recall again. I remember that auction. It was in a unique condition and I even recall what money it went for. Its seller visited me once, when I were living in the north. He told me about that he ran some of these frames with 8s and even entered competitions with them.

What are the other "PRO frames" are you busy with if I may ask?

Another full pro and an orange metalic Pro racer.
But this is for later , don't have any time now I also have to restore some Giants .
But I am in short of time at the moment as I am training most of the time .
Mountainbike marathons need an lot of preparations .
Afther every race my good old NRS needs much attention and at the start of the season its complete overhaul and replacing parts with lighter or faster stuff.
The winter season is for the retro bikes.
And I must say , I am glad this season is getting to his end ,I want to RIDE!

Cheers :D

I had a pair of the Dura Ace AX brakes on my time trial bike in 1985. Great lookers with one slight problem - they had the stopping power of rubbing a greased cat on a sheet of glass! :shock:

Back