Harry Quinn Rebuild

Hi JP

Hope you’re well, yes I saw a post by terry dolan on another forum, some nice comments and pics I’ll try and find the thread,

Hows the red one coming on?

Bike is currently with my local frame builder, changing the BB and headset, although I’m thinking of getting him to take off the cantilever bosses not great for originality I know but think it’ll make it look a lot better :oops:

Thanks tel I was really pleased with the headset , cleaned up great was worried there would’nt be enough theread on the steerer as the stack is taller on the campag one but its going to be fine :D

Small update

Wheels arrived, took about 3 weeks to get here from the US but am really pleased with them credit to the guy who built them up

Record would have been better to compliment the groupset however these came up at the right price and i actually prefer the looks of the tipos

CIMG7063.jpg

CIMG7055.jpg

CIMG7058.jpg

CIMG7056.jpg

CIMG7062.jpg

Decided to remove the cantis and go with regular side pulls, havent got any pics of the brakes (Campag NR) as they are with the frame builder

Bit of a shame I know but always thought they looked a bit odd on this bike plus I'll only be riding on the road.

decided that I am going to re enamel the full frame so had to go for replacement decals, Lloyds only offer the tube decals in black and white and black and gold however they have made me up a set in red and gold only downside is they are vinyl and not waterslide, the enameler said that a few extra coats of lacquer should hopefully hide any difference in height

CIMG7059.jpg

Going for a slightly different look than before, still white but with a red head tube and red bands on the seat tube

I've been looking at quite a few cyclo cross bikes lately and they have a similar geometry to this i.e close clearance up front and plenty of clearance at the rear. Add that to the cantilever brakes set up for 700c rims it does make sense...

Anyway all those bits are looking great I can't wait to see the final build.

Hi Tel

yes i thought it was cyclocross altough there was very little clearance between fork crown wheel to get a cross tyre in there :?

Got the frame back yesterday really pleased with the work,

CIMG7079.jpg

CIMG7065.jpg

CIMG7071.jpg

CIMG7078.jpg

There are some issues with the fork, frame builder sourced me a nervex crowned set, unfortunately the rake isnt quite right, so they'll have to go back for some more work (will use the originals as a guide)

Also these turned up yesterday :D

CIMG7082.jpg

pete

Picked up the frame from the enamelers earlier,

CIMG7229.jpg

CIMG7230.jpg

CIMG7231.jpg

CIMG7233.jpg

Dropping some bits off at the anodisers on monday once there back should be good to go :D

pistolpedro":16rth4qx said:
thanks fingers :D

Really pleased with it, just hope i don't scratch it when I'm putting all the bits on!

Hey, build it, ride it & enjoy it - if it gets scratched, in a few years you can give it another makeover :cool:

Wow :shock: That is just so right!

I love Nervex lugs, coloured headtubes, lug lining, tasteful colour coordination and yours has got it all :cool: :D

Who done the paint job? How much (if you don't mind me asking) and any chance of a close up of the detailing on the seat stays? Oh and where are the forks?

Back