Who was your cycling hero?

Ronan-Pensec.jpg

The Dry Loaf hisself..........first stage I ever watched of the tour was his yellow jersey in 1990.

Francesco Moser.

When I was 15, and first started racing,Moser was the man.Fast and impeccably stylish,he was my idol.When I started working and built my first decent road bike,it was of cause a Benotto .

Attachments

• 001bd9d9.jpg
    001bd9d9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,391
Liked Lemond, but he whined a bit too much. Hinault had that win at any cost attitude. Best name was definitely Jesper Skibby. I just love saying Jesper Skibby.

Stephen roche for his incredible 1987 triple giro de italia,tour de france and world champion .Used to rush home from school to see tv coverage .
Big Mig was mesmerising to watch in action .
Lance Armstrong for his acheivements in tour de france coming back from cancer which nearly took his life.

For me:-
Alf Engers - The King
Eddie Adkins - The Emperor
Laurent Fignon - The Professor
Gianni Bugno - always under-rated, top man though
Big Mig and The Badger - Tour TT riders
Stephen Roche - Great Man

...so many to list. Would be much easier if I listed the ones I didn't like!!

Hello Steve, nice to see you on here. I wasn't sure if you were interested in the bike aspect of cycling reminiscenses but it seems you are.

I won't tell anyone on 'the other place'

Regards,

Old Ned
(AKA Old Git)

I'm 27 and mine are still alive! Nick Craig! Scott UK rider and Rep. Ive managed to meet him a few times while ive been working bikes shops around the country, I also have been passed by him on the Merida marathon in Selkurk Scotland where he passed me like I was standing still and when I finished I met up with him asked him how he was and he told me that he had been out the night before till 4 in the morning and was riding with a hangover, he still finished 4th!. I have also helped out 2 of the guys who won gold medals at the Bejing Paraolympics, Jody Cundy who's Shimano shoe I heat molded for him on his one good leg the other is a purpose built carbon fibre prosthectic cycling leg and Simon Richardson who's Issac Sonic I built up for him.
Piccy of Nick Craig and I at Tredz in Swansea.

Attachments

• 6a00d83451f74269e200e55297e10b8833-800wi[1].jpg
    6a00d83451f74269e200e55297e10b8833-800wi[1].jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,303
Back