1991 Rocky Mountain Titanium

Try to get that down-tube dent sorted... it's just in the right place to fold the down-tube if you have a heavy front end impact!
Lovely frame though. Hope you can get it sorted.
Cheers,
Chaser.

John":1qvo6245 said:
Lucky chap!
Be interested to know how it got those dents though :shock:

only answer i really got was "stupid", so i didn't press for any further explanation. :LOL:

anyhow, morning breakfast today was citrus cleaner and titanium dust to give the old girl a good clean and massage with a scotchbrite pad. tidied up quite nicely. did notice the welds aren't as neat as on the Merlin however.

Attachments

• IMG_2860.JPG
    IMG_2860.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,059
  • IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,059
  • IMG_2855.JPG
    IMG_2855.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,059
  • IMG_2854.JPG
    IMG_2854.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,059
seems my 27.0mm Dean Ti post fits the frame, so i guess i'll be taking that off the market. ;)

strange bottom bracket i found in it. it's a UN-72E. it has a spacer on the drive side and also some sort of collar on the axle. i thought it was shot as it didn't spin at all, but once i removed one cup, it was smooth. maybe the cup was press on the bb too tight???

Attachments

• IMG_2863.JPG
    IMG_2863.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,056
  • IMG_2861.JPG
    IMG_2861.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,056
  • IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,056
VERY nice! :D

You must have helped a hell of a lot of old ladies across the road to end up with that amount of karma... ;)

RockiMtn":1hajof2j said:
strange bottom bracket i found in it. it's a UN-72E. it has a spacer on the drive side and also some sort of collar on the axle. i thought it was shot as it didn't spin at all, but once i removed one cup, it was smooth. maybe the cup was press on the bb too tight???
Pity it's suspect and you're so far away, I could just do with a UN72E! Puzzled why it's in this frame though - is it a 68mm bb in a 73mm shell? Even if so, it would be a bit tight on the non-drive side, surely?

Anthony":2dzcgfxx said:
RockiMtn":2dzcgfxx said:
Pity it's suspect and you're so far away, I could just do with a UN72E! Puzzled why it's in this frame though - is it a 68mm bb in a 73mm shell? Even if so, it would be a bit tight on the non-drive side, surely?

Figured out the E stands for E-plate mounted front mech. Believe it's 68mm on the cup but I'll confirm. I'll test it out a little more tonight when i get home. I'm pretty sure it might have been just the cups being overtightened onto the bb forcing it to stick.

Not sure what you mean about it being a bit tight on the non-drive. Can you explain?

ratch":3oq5kpco said:
:shock: :shock: Karma?

*note to self, be nice to everyone*

:LOL:

......well almost everyone ;)

beepbeep":3oq5kpco said:
VERY nice! :D

You must have helped a hell of a lot of old ladies across the road to end up with that amount of karma... ;)

more on the line of … sponge baths! :LOL:

chaser":s1sz263r said:
Try to get that down-tube dent sorted... it's just in the right place to fold the down-tube if you have a heavy front end impact!
Lovely frame though. Hope you can get it sorted.
Cheers,
Chaser.

how would one go about trying to fix it? i was going to just build it up and ride it. i've read about "rolling" steel tubes to get dents out. is this possible with Ti?

Latest posts

Back