The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hermit":1bh8zj2p said:
Hi, some sets of wheels I'd like to get an idea of value please?

First set:

Hope TiGlide XC hubs, 8 or modern 9 speed, DB spokes, Bontrager Red Spot front and Blue Spot rear rims. Wheels built be Jeremy Duke around 1995, still have the receipt, I'm sure the hub shell and freewheel is titanium (not sure about the axles?), hubs in excellent condition and rims very good, the 'Built by Jeremy Duke' and Bontrager stickers have been long gone and just the residue of the stickers can be seen on the rim but the 'Red' and 'Blue' spot stickers are still there. A light wheelset, about 1.6kg ... some pics

And I have this set of LX M550 Hubs, 7 speed, DB spokes, Mavic M231 rims, stickers intact on the rims and both hubs and rims in excellent condition, built by Merlin way back when ...

hope hubbed wheels tend to fetch £75 to £140 posted.

the others are good sturdy whills. i'd say £40 to £60 would be a fair asking price

big.eck":1yp810il said:
how much should i be asking for a set of mavic x139's snowflaked to stx paralax hubs ? 99% true almost no wear to the rims bearings smooth ?

pic.........

as i sold the yellow saracen these were on i don't have a bike these go with :(

cheers folks :D :D :D

£50 ish??

lewis1641":g0cuq19k said:
big.eck":g0cuq19k said:
how much should i be asking for a set of mavic x139's snowflaked to stx paralax hubs ? 99% true almost no wear to the rims bearings smooth ?

pic.........

as i sold the yellow saracen these were on i don't have a bike these go with :(

cheers folks :D :D :D

£50 ish??

i was kinda thinking the same :D cheers dude ;)

Hi all,

please excuse me asking advice on only my second post but I'm in a bit of a dilemma with one of my fleet.

I own a KHS Alite 2000. My brother had this from new, barely used it for a few years, then sold it to me.
I didn't use it for a while, then recommissioned it and have been using it lightly for pottering about. Its never had any hard use.

Problem is I think I may be more suited to a hybrid in terms of what I want to use it for.

My question is, what do you think the KHS is worth if I were to sell it? I can't really find any basis on which to work :?

Brief specs:

21 inch frame
26 inch wheels
Rear wheel: parallax hub, sun rim
Front wheel: specialized hub, mavic rim (replacement wheel)
Shimano STX RC crank, V brakes and front derailleur (3 speed)
Shimano Deore LX rear derailleur (8 speed)
Power tools bar ends/stem/brake levers
Manitou Spyder R front suspension forks (working fine)

Has new brake blocks, inner and outer brake cables, inner and outer gear cables, handlebar grips and pedals.

As you can see from the pictures, I've set it up as a tourer so I may as well thing about getting a bike more suited to that role!

Any ideas of value to help me make a decision over what to do would be much appreciated :D

Cheers.

5ab1270e.jpg

0e20fb0c.jpg

77b703b4.jpg

f6caf892.jpg

c991c48c.jpg

I bow my head in shame for asking this, but what is my Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech worth? I've been offered my dream bike, an alpinestars ti-mega and the only way I can afford or justify buying it is to sell this on. I spent large sums of time and money restoring this bike to an original spec so think it should go as a complete bike.

4373254511_2d167fb71d_o.jpg

sinnett177":grcwcfx2 said:
I bow my head in shame for asking this, but what is my Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech worth? I've been offered my dream bike, an alpinestars ti-mega and the only way I can afford or justify buying it is to sell this on. I spent large sums of time and money restoring this bike to an original spec so think it should go as a complete bike.

4373254511_2d167fb71d_o.jpg

:shock:

You'll regret letting this go!

Its a really tough one for me as I love the Raleigh to bits, but the ti-mega is my all time dream bike. I'm not going to make a hasty decision and know i'll always miss the Raleigh and its iconic status. I'm just wanting to know what funds I might have for the ti-mega?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back