SRAM XX Scott full suser

andrewl":3efp8yfw said:
P20":3efp8yfw said:
39t outer??

Useful on some courses, but if you are using a 39T as the big ring you may as well ditch the small one and run a single ring up front like a lot of racers at the last world champs.

Exactly :D

I think the big S are going to go 2x10 through all their groupsets too

Shimano are giving the option of 10spd right down to SLX level, coming to a LBS near you in 2011!

mechagouki":2mm6xh9i said:
I thought the idea was that the 10 speed cassette combined with a 39/24 at the front provides all the ratios available from a 3 x 9 setup whilst saving the weight of a chainring and reducing cross-gearing problems?

the 2 x 10 is supposed to give the most used ratios of a 3 x 9 setup but it has its not as broad as a 3 x 9 setup.

Some of the national and international rider I've spoken to say the 39/26 setup isn't particularly great and for some races something bigger than 42/28 would be nice too.

Yes XX is a really nice piece of gear (other than the expense) but really in some ways the older 2 x 9 setups are just as flexible at a fraction of the cost.

Neil G":vl7js61x said:
Still not worth it though...having to replace a whole £270 worth of cassette because it's rogered isn't my idea of practical. I suppose I've never really been a Sram fan from the get go but it is an impressive looking group.

I hardly ever change cassette's these days. I use a Rholof chain checker and change as soon as it tells me too (on the A). I eat through heaps of chains but at £10-20 I see them as disposable compared to an XT or XTR cassette and chainrings.

The steel XX would last many years if you did that.

Lovely bike :cool:

messiah":2wbcmff0 said:
Neil G":2wbcmff0 said:
Still not worth it though...having to replace a whole £270 worth of cassette because it's rogered isn't my idea of practical. I suppose I've never really been a Sram fan from the get go but it is an impressive looking group.

I hardly ever change cassette's these days. I use a Rholof chain checker and change as soon as it tells me too (on the A). I eat through heaps of chains but at £10-20 I see them as disposable compared to an XT or XTR cassette and chainrings.

Lovely bike :cool:

Maybe it's my riding style but I've got through quite a lot of cassettes & chains....could be stomping it at the lights/sprint starts lol

Like the hydraulic fork lockout on the XX group...very smooth and compact :D

messiah":501tu7bb said:

x2

with regards to the bike.... nice, but i'm not a fan of scotts (i get too many of them coming through my workshop for new bearings)
xx is nice, but it's still sram

albash82":2zo30tpe said:
messiah":2zo30tpe said:

x2

with regards to the bike.... nice, but i'm not a fan of scotts (i get too many of them coming through my workshop for new bearings)
xx is nice, but it's still sram

lol at the sram comment...I feel the same, expensive group or not

The owner is a lapsed member of this site. He wants to fit candy pedals instead of XT-R
I think it's a space hopper ride. it looks better with black tyres. The saddle will be changed as well.
If i was given it to ride then i would for racing as he is. Other wise it's rigid for me.

Nice! I really would like to testride one also.

Where are white rubbers... I heard they become very ugly after couple muddy rides?

Shamus":14fl599h said:
Nice! I really would like to testride one also.

Where are white rubbers... I heard they become very ugly after couple muddy rides?

You mean those white Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires? I always thought it was strange that you could ONLY get them on that Scott model. When the tires wear out, where is the owner supposed to get replacements? And assuming that replacements do exist, how can I, um I mean how can Tintin's friend get them? :D

Back