My 80's road bike collection + the Mexico...

mark34":3ajppi4p said:
I bought the Z Team TVT from a collector in France, and he had a connection in the team. The nice thing with it is that Ronan Pensec has seen the bike that I now own, and acknowledged that it was his and he used it in the 89' Tour...Other than the drop-in bars, the bike is as Ronan had it.

I also own Stefan Schmacher's 2007 Tarmac SL2 Gerolsteiner bike; that would have been worth a lot one day had he not been a cheating git!

cool story on the TVt . A friend of mine has one as well , he bought it end of season from the team . but bike had to be re sent to factory to be reglued before he could have it .

Wow, absolutely stunning collection.

Each bike deserves a thread in itself!

WOW.............
I would have to have a go on 'em even it it meant claring out a circuit in the house. If you ever split I think I could just abaout afford the bar tape on the Batt :) So, you have a dibs...

(sulks off back to his bedroom crying)

Some very special bikes there and clearly a lot of effort went into building them up.

Last year when I finished building my Pinarello I took it down to the Alps and gave it the roads it deserved (if not the rider). Made the effort feel more worthwhile.

Think my favourite would be the Battaglin :)

Very interesting collection in which bonded bikes are well represented :) My fave? The Pensec Lemond.

Collection

If somebody ever needed explaining about the beauty of the bicycle, they need only be directed to this post.
Inspiring and agree with the Guv'ner, each one should have its own write up.

Jamie

Back