Problems with XT 2007- SOLVED-

Change from rapid rise to normal rise rear mech (or other way round dependant on what you have with your XTR)

Or cut your thumb and finger off and have them transplanted back on the other way round....

:shock: I'll pass on the surgery :LOL: so i have to change a rear mech, Well i like the change on the XT-R. So change the XT? Well both systems are rapid rise. A mystery indeed :?

just get your self some nice new xtr shifters not the xt as they have a design flaw the triggers hit the bar is it me or is shimano slowly becoming complete and uter crap on anything less than xtr lol :LOL: :LOL:

cannondale king":36gfas9e said:
just get your self some nice new xtr shifters not the xt as they have a design flaw the triggers hit the bar is it me or is shimano slowly becoming complete and uter crap on anything less than xtr lol :LOL: :LOL:

Here's a man who never had the pleasure of riding 200gs ;)

:LOL:
200GS the plastic fantastic

Slightly hijacking, but have gotta say am am more than unimpressed with my first taste of 2007 XTR - rear mech.

The machining is rough, the finish is rough, there are flimsy plastic bits and overall it does not seem worthy of an XTR label.

Comparing to M900 or even 952 is no comparison. Not impressed :cry:

At least they have brought back the normal way of shifting...phew!

Well today i lost all gear changing :shock: could only big chainring/ small chainring. The chain stayed on the smallest gear at the back. Which makes pulling away from lights interesting :LOL: (yes i do some times stop at lights)
I like both rear mech BUT i do wish i'd fitted Sram. So much more thought has gone into the design of the top of the range kit. Well a phone call to CRC about the problems i'm having :cry:

I went through 4 sram XO blackbox carbon rear mechs & 200gs would have been a lot better. sram are ultra fragile, I've got 7yr old M950 r.mechs that have taken more abuse & work better.
I dont love the cosmetics of M970 r.mech, certainly all polished finish M900 was a wise move, a black rear mech is going to look scratched up & tatty in no time. havent had any problems in operation with M970, certainly the wider pivots should mean it lasts even longer than old faithful M950.

Why can't we have thumb shifters back. At least i cauld have gone to fiction mode this morning and changed gear. Some times change is not for the best.

Back