Merckx MXL - I know!!!

malley

Dirt Disciple
Ok, here we go. This has been my dream bike for nigh on 20 years. Never bought one, even when I had the chance. Was close a couple of years back but lost it by £50-00 due to pointless haggling on my part. What a twat?!?!?

So, anyone selling a 56cm?

Was there on that came out with external/non-internal cable routing?

E-bay prices are exploititive.

the one I was close to buying was actually badged as a corsa but had MAX tubing - abyone here buy it? Was someone in Newcastle apparently?

Show me pictures of yours!!!!

( stands by for loads of flack from P-22 and Elma!!)

Cheers,
Steve. :D

Should also add that I have a Colnago C-40 frame and forks that may come into play for the right bike.

Anyone here have the article on the Team GAN bike that appeared in Cycle Sport back in the day?

Was dark blue Gan colours with Mavic, Sachs and Chorus components.

A real classics bike. Was it one of the Plaenkarts ( sp?) Loved it!

Thanks.

Hi,
I picked this up last month, its a 1996 team gan acrobaleno but uses custom tubing. I'm planning on building up similar to how it was built then.
I think the early frames came with external cable routing.

Attachments

• eddy gan.jpg
    eddy gan.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,168
wow! that's the paint job alright. beautiful. What tubing is it, then? sorry if you've explained that in yr post!

Looks great condition - expensive?

It may have been Eddy Soigneur's bike I saw? ( have I just made that name up?!!!)

Not quite sure what the tubing is, the sticker says custom neuron but the diameters don't really match up with any of the stock tubing so could be anything really.

I was looking at a 56cm Merckx Max tubed frame on Wednesday - but it's not for sale - or I'd have had it!

Back