Tourmalet Frame 23"

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've got this rather nice "Tourmalet" frame for sale. I know nothing about this make, Google reveals nothing either. So if anyone has any background info on it I'd be grateful.

So to the things I do know. Size is 23" ct x 22" cc. Full Nervex lugs including the bb. Simplex dropouts including wheel guide on the non drive side. Very few braze ons. Think it is probably 531 plain gauge, seat post is 26.4mm and the bike built weighs in at just over 10kg. Lovely green paint although it is not in pristine condition unfortunately, nice star bands on the seat tube, lined lugs and chrome dropouts. Has mudguard eyes and you probably could squeeze some guards in there. There's a small ding at the bottom of the dowtube on the drive side, this was just below the band-on cable guide.

I reckon the bike is from the 60's looking at the lugs and some of the equipment that was fitted included a Brooks leather saddle with a steel Simplex seatpin and Mafac Dural Forge brakes with red washers which would date it to the late 60's I think. Other stuff was all replacement equipment of reasonable standard. Clearly it was made for 700c sprint rims rather than 27" wheels which again indicates it's pedigree.

The headset and bb is included. The hs is a rather nice Tange model, has Falcon printed on it but you'll need an extra spacer as I removed the centre pull hanger. The bb is just a cheap sealed unit, I do not have the correct tools to remove it and don't want to muller it anymore than it already has been.

Anyway here are some pics:

tourmalet009.jpg

tourmalet010.jpg

tourmalet013.jpg

tourmalet016.jpg

tourmalet018.jpg

tourmalet022.jpg

tourmalet025.jpg

tourmalet026.jpg

tourmalet008.jpg

More pics here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... Tourmalet/

Not sure on value. It is beautiful but the paint is tatty so I'll say £120 + £10 postage. (wheels not included)

That's nice, with a little bit of history repeating. If only some of us weren't under 6ft.

BTW, probably has a French threaded BB.

bugger, Tel that is nice and I most likely would have taken it, but I'm going to Hamburg for 2 weeks on the weekend and therefore need to hang onto my pennies :(

someone else enjoy it tho - with a bit of spit and polish that will tidy up very nicely :cool:

That is a shame I haven't got anymore 58cm'ish frames lined up for your perusal either, thats not to say I won't have any passing through...

Ok then any other interest?

I'd just like to confirm that the bb and headset are English threaded (bb is 1.37 x 24tpi & tried an English hs on it)

However due to it needing a respray and the small dent how about £110 posted?

Well I say it needs a respray but I'd be quite happy to use it in this tatty'ish original state....

Ok I've been tinkering with this in a view to build it into something rideable to sell on. Thing is if I fit cheap components it's just not right, the frame is better than that but the paintwork is too tatty to justify nice components...

With this in mind I would still like to sell it as a frame and fork package to someone that is going to give it the time and attention it deserves.

So this will hang redundant at the back of the garage until someone makes me an offer on it....perhaps Dirty Daniel will bring back some money from Hamburg....

Back