SRAM XX Scott full suser

15958028_6975fc7eb0.jpg

Seen a full XX Duster a while back..looked okay but still couldn't see where the extra £££was going.

Very nice .

a friend if mine is a Scott dealer so had the chance to try his LTD one and they are great machines .

Neil G":1uii42vt said:
Seen a full XX Duster a while back..looked okay but still couldn't see where the extra £££was going.
IIRC it takes 9 hours to CNC the cassette from a billet of steel!

ok still chuffing expensive though, but it's new & shiny so some folks will pay for it, just like XTR (which isn't cheap either)

"this one goes up to 10" [/Spinal Tap] :LOL:

that's ******* stunning! i love scotts myself, not updated my build thread myself, i got me an ally genius build :)

Andy B":77waekbw said:
Neil G":77waekbw said:
IIRC it takes 9 hours to CNC the cassette from a billet of steel!

ok still chuffing expensive though, but it's new & shiny so some folks will pay for it, just like XTR (which isn't cheap either)

"this one goes up to 10" [/Spinal Tap] :LOL:

Still not worth it though...having to replace a whole £270 worth of cassette because it's rogered isn't my idea of practical. I suppose I've never really been a Sram fan from the get go but it is an impressive looking group.

I'm sure like most things the price will come down (slowly) or cross fingers for a lotto win :LOL:

P20":20nzbt7s said:
39t outer??

Useful on some courses, but if you are using a 39T as the big ring you may as well ditch the small one and run a single ring up front like a lot of racers at the last world champs.

andrewl":1t2gljl9 said:
P20":1t2gljl9 said:
39t outer??

Useful on some courses, but if you are using a 39T as the big ring you may as well ditch the small one and run a single ring up front like a lot of racers at the last world champs.

I thought the idea was that the 10 speed cassette combined with a 39/24 at the front provides all the ratios available from a 3 x 9 setup whilst saving the weight of a chainring and reducing cross-gearing problems?

Back