1996 Marin Team Titanium (started as a '99 Team Ti frame)

Can anybody help me.

I think this might be a Marin Ultimate, and not a Team Titanium.

I bought it without stickers!

Benandemu":1mb1gc1z said:
Can anybody help me.

I think this might be a Marin Ultimate, and not a Team Titanium.

I bought it without stickers!

Can anybody remember the differences?

Hi Benandemu,

Thats what I meant in my post above about the placement of the cable stops on the head tube - from the look of the 1995 Marin catalogue it was the Ultimate that had them on the head tube and the Team Ti on the downtube.

I will try and get a scan done to show you!

Yeah, I've seen that same picture and wondered the same thing. I did much research, and discovered that the Ultimate and the Team Ti were only different because of the upgraded components on the Ultimate. The frames are identical.

Marin Stickers!

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread.

I have a 93 Marin Eldrige Grade and soon to get a 95 Pine Mountain. Anyone have any idea where i can get stickers/sets. tried ATB. Does anyone make repro sets or even something close, ie a different model? - I can just not use the name of the bike..

any ideas?

Cheers,

Ferris

I know. I keep looking and waiting for inspiration.
I nearly bought a Pace one, but never seem to seal a deal. I want a Ti one really.
I did have a 130mm control tech one on it, but I felt too far forward.
I have been testing different stem heights and lengths, and this Azonic one feels about right now.
It just looks odd!
Thanks for the complements.

Ferris":oyi6eprp said:
Marin Stickers!

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread.

I have a 93 Marin Eldrige Grade and soon to get a 95 Pine Mountain. Anyone have any idea where i can get stickers/sets. tried ATB. Does anyone make repro sets or even something close, ie a different model? - I can just not use the name of the bike..

any ideas?

Cheers,

Ferris

Gill on these forums is probably where you want to go, he's currently making up a set of 1994 Team Titanium decals for me from some pictures of the slightly mangled ones on the bike i've sent him.

I know he's done a lot of work for others on here (i don't think he has much in the way of marin stock photos/decals) so if you can get some pictures and measurements he should be able to work wonders.

It's funny...you mention something, and the next day, it just happens. Titec Ti stem in the above mentioned dimensions! On its way from Oz.

titectistem.jpg
[/img]

They are still available new in Germany. Look for 'Sitting Bull'.
Mine is from Sweden, a long time ago.

Back