Litespeed Ocoee

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thought I'd post up my main ride. I don't particularly consider it retro, but sadly the frame and bits are getting that way.

y4zj4l.jpg

The frame is a 1997 Litspeed Ocoee, built with mostly 9 speed XTR. Weighs in about 23.5 lbs. It's been lighter but I didn't find the super light kit that reliable.

whilst i worked for an engineering company i made a rather nice USE style Ti seatpost inbetween wheel studs and wing brackets for Penske indycars... :D

never managed to bust that! :)

mattpayne":2x5n9xz1 said:
whilst i worked for an engineering company i made a rather nice USE style Ti seatpost inbetween wheel studs and wing brackets for Penske indycars... :D

I'd be very curious to see a pic of that :)

my british airways engineer mate made me a syncros titanium shaft, raceface XY head clamp custom seatpost a few years ago thats still in use :)

A mate of mine has some of the yeti/ penske forks ;) got any goss on paul tracey? :)

scant":214kwfjo said:
mattpayne":214kwfjo said:

I'd be very curious to see a pic of that :)

my british airways engineer mate made me a syncros titanium shaft, raceface XY head clamp custom seatpost a few years ago thats still in use :)

A mate of mine has some of the yeti/ penske forks ;) got any goss on paul tracey? :)

:) looks rather similar to a USE! :D well i cheated and just used the clamp from my old one, the post itself was ti with a small alloy bung in the top to stop the alloy bits getting cut when tightened...

according to my kitchen scales it weighs just shy of 180g :)

seatpost001.jpg

seatpost002.jpg

seatpost003.jpg

scant":uozxlhmg said:
John":uozxlhmg said:
It's been lighter but I didn't find the super light kit that reliable.

you mean like that USE post? ;)

Yes. And the syncros b/b, syntace stem, smica bar ends, crossmax rim, two pairs of SIDs....

Latest posts

Back